Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on here been through the Dr Richards program at the Social Anxiety institute in AZ? I don't mean the tapes but anybody who has actually gone through the program? I've been thinking about going there and wanted to see if anybody has had experience with it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Social Anxiety Institute

Yes, I've been to the actual Social Anxiety Institute in Phoenix, AZ.
My first day was on Febuary 14th of this year. I attended 5 sessions and then it just got to be too stressful for me because of the presure to read in front of the other group members and I had to drop out. I still listen to the audio series and I would like to go back someday.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I've been to the actual Social Anxiety Institute in Phoenix, AZ.
My first day was on Febuary 14th of this year. I attended 5 sessions and then it just got to be too stressful for me because of the presure to read in front of the other group members and I had to drop out. I still listen to the audio series and I would like to go back someday.
May ask how many people were in a group? Did you seem to get any benefit from it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Social Anxiety Institute

Yes, You sure can ... ask me anything you'd like.
There was 8 people in the group including myself. I think I might have benefited a little from the group, but not very much. They're more worried about making a buck than treating you for your S.A.D.
That's one of the main reasons I quit going.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, You sure can ... ask me anything you'd like.
There was 8 people in the group including myself. I think I might have benefited a little from the group, but not very much. They're more worried about making a buck than treating you for your S.A.D.
That's one of the main reasons I quit going.
The tapes/CD's are pretty expensive, would you recommend them ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts