Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Moving, put some music on and dance.
and I know someone with an ice barrel, he sits in a barrel of icy water for so many minutes a day. I have tried it, it is painful to start with but, after you get out, and get dry and dressed you start to shake, rather like tremoring but with pout tensing first. Apparently it takes longer each time when you are used to the cold. I did 6 minutes, and then 7 minutes. Maybe a cold shower would do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moving, put some music on and dance.
and I know someone with an ice barrel, he sits in a barrel of icy water for so many minutes a day. I have tried it, it is painful to start with but, after you get out, and get dry and dressed you start to shake, rather like tremoring but with pout tensing first. Apparently it takes longer each time when you are used to the cold. I did 6 minutes, and then 7 minutes. Maybe a cold shower would do the same.
Think I'll skip the ice but maybe a swim in the sea

·
See? No more pain
4,322 Posts
Where are you feeling tension? Any idea what's causing it?

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,669 Posts
By far I’ve found regularly & persistent stretching is huge. Lack of movement can actually worsen muscle tension & so can too much, but if you learn stretches to target the areas impacted & sometimes even for areas you think are unrelated you can relieve a good amount of tension & begin to loosen up without over exerting yourself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts