Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on practicum (internship) in mental health right now. I have been asked to develop a new plan for facilitating their problem solving group because the one they are using now isn't having great success with the clients. I need it for next week and I have never seen this group run even! Then I get the fun task of presenting my idea to the staff. ;) It's frustrating but I'll do my best. Just wondering if anyone has read anything interesting about problem solving in a book or anywhere. Or something that has helped you personally. I have looked up tons of stuff online, and have reviewed some books. There's lots of good stuff, but not sure if it's exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of stuff I read is designed for business. It applies, but still looking. I have the problem of researching and researching and that's about as far as it gets. lol It needs to have some sort of systematic strategy for resolving problems that will be easy for the clients to remember but yet, make it somewhat interesting? ie) not just what's the problem, what are ways you can solve it blah blah. I never solved any problems by thinking about my problem in that way so I'm not surprised it isn't working well. lol Anyway, anything that has worked for you or definitely hasn't worked, please share!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts