Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
The only person I dated who never complained much about me not talking much was my abusive ex husband. He just wanted to control me anyway, he didn't care about talking.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i was scared about this also since i wasn't doing much with my life... now i'm trying but still have a long way to go. when i feel like i have nothing to talk about with my bf we just hug, watch tv, maybe make him something to eat, go for a walk, ask about his life and discuss the stuff he does in his life.. also, small things that seem insignificant can be talked about (for example what you saw grocery shopping, what you saw on tv, what you've read somewhere, etc.) i think it's important for the couple to also have their own interests/hobbies so they have other entertainment outside of the relationship.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Iv'e been with my guy for almost 3 years.
Normally we have stuff to talk about and when we arnt talking we are cuddling,etc.
I think that im so used to him that there is no anxiety between me and him.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is anyone in a situation where they are either in a serious relationship or married and see their partner a lot but have little to say to them?
Nope. I don't see them a lot, and can always find things to talk about (online).

I don't see my boyfriend a lot but even after a few weeks I still don't have much to say to him because of not having done much due to my SA.
I'm definitely like this with my family, though. It's very frustrating. I never call them because I don't have anything to say. They call me and ask what I've been up to. "Not much", I always say. I have no social life other than dating, and I don't want to tell them about that. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a very successful relationship!!!

My husband and my's relationship changed dramatically after we got married, and I have to say it was for the better!! There's something to be said for having someone that loves you unconditionally. It's very good for your confidence, you just have to make sure they're the right one for you. Any relationship you have in your life will have highs and lows. My husband and I have moments that he's in one room and I'm in the other, times that we're not really talking about anything, but so does the normal couple. You have to make time to do things together to talk about. Find interests that you can be involved in from home that add to the conversation. We've started cooking together, working in the yard, taking our dog on walks. If you have the desire to make things interesting, you'll find a way. The one thing I can tell you is to make sure you put as much time in with him and you do on this site. While it's great to get online and talk to people that know what you're going through, you have to make your partner become someone who know's what you're going through. Let them know what SA is and when you're not feeling your best. Don't try and deal with this without them. My husband has become my greatest support system and I've actually found that when I'm with him out and about, I'm alot calmer and more comfortable than I am trying to go out on my own. If you're with the right person who loves you for who you are, they will want to protect you and keep you safe no matter what little craziness we have!!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you thought about, that the phenomenon to be in love with love itself? That it is just in love with love itself, that this view takes up so much time that it really is more about this than any specific relationship to any particular individual? Without the actual desire for this, and when this becomes an end in itself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Been in a relationship for just over a year. We don't tend to have much trouble finding things to say even when we've spent the entire week together. Mostly because for some reason my verbal filter utterly goes to hell around him and I just ramble about any rubbish that comes to mind and start a conversation from that. I think the key is that I don't really mind if I come across as slightly silly or bizarre to him because he seems to like it. Plus when we aren't talking I don't really mind. I just like to be around him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts