Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so changeable it pisses me off. I wanna be able to follow a healthy diet for life (organic food, vegetables, lean meats) but I always cheat with fast food once in a while. I start an exercise regimen and don't follow through. I still eat healthy but my metabolism is pretty slow and it runs in my genes so i'm not making up for it with the exercise and I KNOW I need to get more active. There are no gyms around my area so it's kinda hard to find some physical activity I enjoy doing on a regular basis without getting bored. I was thinking of belly dancing but there are no schools in my areas and I don't own a car yet. It's frustrating when you're pretty but chubby.

Do you know of any good exercise program I can do at home or some effective diet pill that is effective for weight loss even if on the long term?

I want my hard work to pay off. What kind of cardio exercise can I do at home that will give me results and pay off all of the hard work?

·
Registered
488 Posts
What worked for me when I needed to take the baby weight off was the Paleo diet with an intermittent fast for 16 hours ( I couldn't do the 24 hour one). I lost the weight safely. Now I do it twice a week for maintenance. I do yoga and pilates to stay toned and flexible or I run when I need to burn steam. It's not for everyone so check with your doctor.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Wow if and paleo diet that musta been hard? how many cals/carb/protein.fat a day do you eat on that?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow if and paleo diet that musta been hard? how many cals/carb/protein.fat a day do you eat on that?
The first week was pretty tough but now I'm not even hungry anymore and I have so much energy. There is no way though that I can do the 24 hour fast. It's too draining for me. I'd say I stuck to the average ratios of 50-60% fat and 10-15% carbs and the rest protein but I didn't obsess over it. I give myself one cheat day a week where I eat whatever I want.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Yeah, i tried if awhile back but i think i got the diet wrong, ended up feelly horrible the next day lol, ate too many carb's probably,

but a couple year's back i did this low carb diet lot's of protein about 1/2 cup oatmeal twice a day and like lots of vegatables i got good result with that felt amazing not even hungry between meal's, but it's too expensive buying all those meats and eating on a schedule kinda time comsuming

Does paleo allow oatmeal or is it only fruit and vegatables?

·
Registered
884 Posts
There's this program I have called p90x. You can do anything at the comfort of your own home. Yoga, martial arts, all sorts of cardio, and it's a very flexible program. I highly recommend it. Very few equipment is needed.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It also comes with a nutrition guide. It takes a lot to follow but I really believe it works.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Yeah, i was gonna say p90x is good for a beginner you will learn lot's of different exercises i find it kinda intense, i'd used too do em but got lazy plus i was doing snow removal so it was kinda difficult,

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm so changeable it pisses me off. I wanna be able to follow a healthy diet for life (organic food, vegetables, lean meats) but I always cheat with fast food once in a while. I start an exercise regimen and don't follow through. I still eat healthy but my metabolism is pretty slow and it runs in my genes so i'm not making up for it with the exercise and I KNOW I need to get more active. There are no gyms around my area so it's kinda hard to find some physical activity I enjoy doing on a regular basis without getting bored. I was thinking of belly dancing but there are no schools in my areas and I don't own a car yet. It's frustrating when you're pretty but chubby.

Do you know of any good exercise program I can do at home or some effective diet pill that is effective for weight loss even if on the long term?

I want my hard work to pay off. What kind of cardio exercise can I do at home that will give me results and pay off all of the hard work?
Have you had your thyroid checked? Since you say you have a slow metabolism, might be good to get it checked just in case. Rule out any medical issues.

Yep, finding a sport or other activity is good so you won't get bored. Do you have a bike? That's really good exercise. Do you have a friend who could be your walking buddy? If you have someone who is counting on going with you, you're more likely to do it.

Do you have a Wii? I really like their Wii Fit program. Lots of game-type ones, but I like the yoga and strength exercises best. It also keeps track of weight and BMI for you.

Use the stairs instead of elevators or escalators. I park farther away in store parking lots so I add to my walking (but you said no car). Actually, being without a car is better--walk to the places you want to go.

I've cut fast food out (all but Subway). I'm to the point where if I try to eat it, I get physically sick to my stomach. My kids are getting to that point too. My younger son still asks for Burger King sometimes, and if we are out doing errands, I will sometimes give in and get it for them. But the last couple times, they said their stomachs hurt afterward.

Look into any exercise classes offered at a local community center. I took a yoga class that was held at the middle school in the evenings.

Don't look for a miracle pill. There are no magic pills to lose weight. Healthy food, reduced portions, more activity.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Yeah don't take weight loss pill's there garbage you might as well drink coffee it's basically the same ,

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Ive cut my sugar intake by like 80%. I eat fast food maybe twice a month, and i get a 6 inch breakfast sub at subway every morning during school.

In the past month ive lost about 10 lbs.

Oh yea, try dance dance revolution. Good stuff for exercise alone. To speed up your metabolism, eat a bunch of small snacks all day.

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
If you set aside 1 day a month for eating comfort foods it may help you stick to a healthy diet the rest of the time. If you decide not to allow yourself any junk food at all then when you do slip up it may make you feel like you have failed and make you more likely to give up. But 1 day a month for comfort foods means that you can regard that as a reward for sticking to your healthy diet the rest of the time...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
some effective diet pill that is effective for weight loss even if on the long term?
WOnder pill ? Nope. Just manage your daily calories and spread your 4-6 meals evenly over the day. Avoid rapid carbs. As for sport try tabata, it lasts a few min, so not boring, its intense and is equivalent to tens of min of cardio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts