Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need to make money quick-im 21 and ive only ever had 1 job in my enrtire life and it lasted only 3months cuz it was a summer job-i worked in an office that was freaking tight nit/friendly so I was felt weird cuz i wasnt friendly warm or whatver-anyways, i know wiaters make a ton of money-have any of u worked as witers, how was it, if i plan to apply as a waitress, what should I look out for as far as problems that may arise that may heighten my sa.......

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
i have never been an actual waiter before but i have worked in a restaurant years ago and it can get very stressful for those waiters/waitresses. i remember two different occasions where two different waitresses went into the walk in freezer and started crying because of a-hole customers getting to them.

so i'd say be aware that some people/customers are looking for trouble. it doesn't happen that often though and after time you will get used to dealing with it. i'm sure some people here can offer up first hand experiences though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm a waiter at olive garden, and it's veeery stressful. I've been working there for 6 months, and this was my first time waiting tables. It's very, very hard work. I'm still not good at it, though I'm getting better. And yeah, you can make a lot of money, but you'll work your *** off for it.

If I get asked a question by the guests that I know I'm supposed to have the answer for (like how to describe a dish) but don't, my SA kicks in hardcore and I get very hot and start sweating and get really uncomfortable. Other than that, there's been a small amount of bullying for me, and as for you, as a girl, you'll probably be sexually harassed, at least a little. I also have to deal with being the quiet one, but that really only has become a problem recently ("You're way too quiet to have worked here for 6 months!").

·
Registered
26 Posts
yess i was a waitress for two years. two very long years lol. i had my good days and bad days :/ its is extremelyyy stressful. id just recommend maybe workin for a small restaurant where there aren't too many tables. you do make good money as long as you can keep conversations going and work under pressure. its really tough when customers start asking tons of questions when you already have hundreds of other things on your mind about your other tables. you just gotta take deep breaths and ask for help from the other employees. everyone is supposed to pitch in and help eachother so thats a little bonus. to be honest it is reallyyy tough especially with sa but who knows, it could actually help in the long run with getting out there and trying something new! best of luck to you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
oh and ps...being a girl waitressing, you will get hit on and sexually harrassed. it was a everyday occurence for me and got reallyy annoying and hard to handle at times, especially after some customers had already had a few beers in them lol.

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
oh and ps...being a girl waitressing, you will get hit on and sexually harrassed. it was a everyday occurence for me and got reallyy annoying and hard to handle at times, especially after some customers had already had a few beers in them lol.
ya that's another thing...if guys or girls for that matter are drinking be prepared for the unexpected!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts