Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I had to quit Effexor because it was too sedating for me. Know of any similar medications to Effexor that is NOT sedating at all?

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Effexor causing sedation? I thought if was supposed to cause restlessness, agitation, and suicidal homicidal akathesia. Doesn't it cause you to go on murderous rampage? One guy on ssri snapped and killed his wife, one kid snapped while on ssri and beat his dad with baseball bat. Wasn't adam lanza, james Holmes, Eric Harris, anders Behring breivik, Kip kinkel all on ssri drugs? I mean ssri are good in the sense they raise extra cellular serotonin levels, but these drugs also can deplete other monoamines. The best medication that will raise serotonin and not cause these terrible side effects are monoamine oxidise inhibiting drugs. Good stuff this the gold standard treatment for SA. To be honest magnesium oil rubbed on face will calm your face, stop blushing and give you a neutral facial expression, good stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Effexor causing sedation? I thought if was supposed to cause restlessness, agitation, and suicidal homicidal akathesia. Doesn't it cause you to go on murderous rampage? One guy on ssri snapped and killed his wife, one kid snapped while on ssri and beat his dad with baseball bat. Wasn't adam lanza, james Holmes, Eric Harris, anders Behring breivik, Kip kinkel all on ssri drugs? I mean ssri are good in the sense they raise extra cellular serotonin levels, but these drugs also can deplete other monoamines. The best medication that will raise serotonin and not cause these terrible side effects are monoamine oxidise inhibiting drugs. Good stuff this the gold standard treatment for SA. To be honest magnesium oil rubbed on face will calm your face, stop blushing and give you a neutral facial expression, good stuff.
Do you actually think that you're funny or clever at all?

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Do you actually think that you're funny or clever at all?
Do you think you are trying to offend me with that comment? Do you think I loose sleep over comments like yours? Haha give me a break dude.

·
Registered
352 Posts
on the contrary SSRIs are safer than MAOs for anger issues.
I use an SSRI for anger management. very effective.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Prozac is too weak for me. SSRIs tend not to alleviate my anxiety. SNRIs can do that better, but one problem is that it's too sedating.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SSRI doesn't work for me, but SNRI does. Effexor at one point eradicated my anxiety but I had to quit since it's too sedating. So it CAN work and it's not a placebo effect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am on three different medications. I take Wellbutrin (2 times a day) Prozac 20 mg Buspar 2x a day 10mg. This has been effective for me but I still get upset and cry sometimes. I have to keep the medication in my system.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
I found Effexor sedating at 125 or lower. Once I went up I noticed that went away. Now when he ups the dose I go a few days before I can get back to my normal sleep pattern.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Fetzima is a newer antidepressant, snri, supposedly energizing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. I'll check Fetizima out. My doctor has approved me in taking either Nardil or Parnate when I return back to Seattle. Right now, I'm in DC for graduate school so I can't take any MAOIs here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts