Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By LIKE I mean really interested and not just stringing him along because you want attention or his money or the fact that other women won't be interested in him. But really wanting to have a relationship and accepting the fact that you are going to be the dominate one? Are there any girls who ACTUALLY prefer a beta over an alpha?

This is not to offend anyone I just really want to know.

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
not really sure if this thread is a generalized accusation, satire, or if its just a serious question... either way i have thing to say

·
Banned
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What does alpha and beta mean in the context of humans rather than a pack of dogs? There are many ways to dominate a relationship, so you don't necessarily have one partner who always 'wears the pants'. I think a lot of couples would prefer to have an equal partnership. Some couples might be independent enough that ideas of dominance don't even apply to them in any aspect, like if they both live different lives and control their own finances and major decisions, are not overly emotionally-dependent on each other, are not sexually dominant/submissive, etc.

·
SUPER EFFECTIVE!
830 Posts
I don't think there is a such thing as alpha and beta males in humans. There is just a spectrum of self-confidence. You have to be confident, just confident enough. Somebody that never approaches girls is a lot less likely to get a date/girlfriend/sex/whatever than somebody who does. You don't have to be completely confident, just confident enough to talk to girls.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't think so. I used to think a nice girl would want a really nice passive guy, but I don't think that is ever the preferred choice.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I don't think I'd want to be with someone who was either overly submissive or overly dominant.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think as a girl with SAD my insecurities make me a bit more dependent which means an 'alpha' SO would make me stress less. At the same time, I would love nothing more than to be a breadwinner for someone I care about. I have dated both 'alphas' and 'betas' and I feel a more endearing affection and responsibility for a guy or girl who draws comfort and reassurance from me (mostly 'betas') So it's either honestly.

The plus from an independent person is that I feel reassured and less stressed. The plus from a person who is dependent on me for things is that I feel way more responsible for them which makes me work hard, invest more effort into them, and try to do more. It makes me a little more outgoing because I have a reason and purpose to be. What really matters to me is personality and how you treat me! If I really love you I don't care who needs who at what level because I like you enough to put in whatever effort is necessary.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,377 Posts

And if you're being serious you'd need to give a context for what you mean when you say beta and alpha...

·
Banned
1,628 Posts
At first I just laughed at this. But now I'm scratching my head trying to make sense of your logic.
the logic is that confident guys are not interested in ugly girls so ugly girls need to find comfort in "beta" males

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
I'd prefer my girlfriend to be the dominant one lol
I don't know why

·
inactive
4,029 Posts
Females of SAS: Do any of you actually like epsilon males? I am seriously.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,377 Posts
Females of SAS: Do any of you actually like epsilon males? I am seriously.
I'm more of a Mu person myself. Omicron too, and on occasion Omega.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Dominance is never good in a relationship. Because dominant types will always have their say and want what they want, tend to not listen to the other and be more egositical. It has to be an equal realtionship. No power struggle :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts