Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oh jeez... okay.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone go to Community College? I do and luckily it's a great school.
I plan on transferring soon.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well I used to. I just finished up there and I'll be transferring to a new school in the Fall. The CC I went to was awesome, loved the teachers there.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Me!

I'm starting this fall. It's a really good school, I'm pretty sure most of the people I graduated with went there.

·
Oh jeez... okay.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me!

I'm starting this fall. It's a really good school, I'm pretty sure most of the people I graduated with went there.
A large hand full of people I graduated with went to the same CC as me during the first semester. It was strange seeing them there.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Does anyone go to Community College? I do and luckily it's a great school.
I plan on transferring soon.
Unfortunately i still do..due to some issues :(

·
Watching you from afar...
207 Posts
I start next fall, I'm the only one I know going there. Everybody I graduated with decided to go to another CC. Hopefully it will be a good time.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
Yeah I just finished my first semester this past spring at the community college.

·
You spoony bard!
8,729 Posts
I tried going to one but they're usually crowded as hell and they have an abysmal graduation rate. The degrees they give are largely worthless, and unless you live at home with no job you will probably end up failing out or not finishing. The idea of them is good, but in practice they don't do a very good job for most people.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Did my first year of community college. I think it's fun and people are kind. There's some gossip but since I do not really go out (because of SAD but also because I can't stay up late, otherwise I can't function properly for at least the next day) there isn't about me I think! I would go just to try to face my SA but I know I will get to bed late and feel like CRAP the next day so I just wish them a good night and take care of myself! We didn't have an initiation but they plan to make one next year. I guess it's good because I have to get used to "****" like that for if I go to another college after and, also, since I am not new to the college, it will be easier for me than for 1st year students!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do! I really like my CC and a few of my high school friends go there, although I rarely take classes with them. I'm working on my AAS with a few more semesters left, and then prob transferring to a University for fall of 2015

·
Farewell SAS
420 Posts
I really liked going to my community college, I'm going to miss it :(
Hopefully the university I'm transferring to in the fall will be just as good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I still go to community college. I've been going since 2006! I just created a thread about why. Overall, I like community college, but getting an associates is a waste of time. They are good if you are going to transfer to a university because they are inexpensive compared to universities so you don't have to spend so much on getting a degree. Also, I've never been to a university but from what I've seen on T.V. the classes at universities are huge, whereas the classes at community college are usually only around 30 students which makes it easier to learn I think.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I when to CC when I was younger. Got an Associate of Technical Arts degree after high school, then went back five years later and got an AAS to transfer to university. I got a lot of mileage out of the ATA, it was a great program that got me two good jobs lasting 12 years total. The AAS got me into uni at a fraction of the cost of two years of uni prices. Once there, I was into mostly upper-level courses where the class sizes were comparable to CC. The few lower-level courses I took were huge of course, and a little rough because, as one professor put it, they were "weeding-out" classes.

·
Proud Honduran
802 Posts
I used to go to community college and I miss it so much. I was an out of county student so I didn't know anyone at the school. I enjoyed my three years there and I made a lot of friends. I go to a university now and I don't like it much here. I always find myself, regardless of where I am in the university, comparing schools. I miss the community college's cafeteria, buildings, campus, everything. . . It makes me sad. I still do visit at times to see my friend.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
There is nothing wrong at all in attending a community college. I remember hearing negative comments about applying at community colleges. A lot of people go there to get their basics out of the way and for money reasons I suppose? I go to a community college because I would feel a hell of a lot less comfortable at a university. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts