Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
246 Posts
lol,do u know u dont need a chess to play chess??u can simple write the moves down in a page...yes i know chess,and i play it the right way..

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yep, I used to play on Gameknot, Queen Alice, Red Hot Pawn and other sites. I got tired of all the hypercompetitive higher rated players who sometimes taunt you and sometimes even falsely accuse you of cheating when you give them a good game. It isn't much fun playing mad rampant egomaniacs who forget it's "just a game." And a lot of people on various chess sites cheat using computer software to generate their moves just so they can get their rating sky high asap and get in the site's "Hall of Fame" and brag to their friends about it.

Playing white, I usually play 1.e4 because I like the sharp tactics available to you.
1.e4 gives a more entertaining game than 1.d4 to me.

1. d4 is solid and positional, less likely to shake things up on the board.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
1. d4 is solid and positional, less likely to shake things up on the board.
This is why I sometimes play hypermodern openings instead, and fianchetto bishops in the opening - at my rating people aren't used to that, so my own lack of experience with these openings doesn't seem to matter. I still prefer 1.d4 as white though - Queen's Gambit all the way!

Nimzo Indian as black.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
This is why I sometimes play hypermodern openings instead, and fianchetto bishops in the opening - at my rating people aren't used to that, so my own lack of experience with these openings doesn't seem to matter. I still prefer 1.d4 as white though - Queen's Gambit all the way!

Nimzo Indian as black.
I like the creativity of the hypermodern school where you move as few pawns as possible so as not to create any pawn holes for the enemy to exploit and also the double fianchetto of the bishops, I just prefer the old fashioned classical school where you fill up the center of the board with pawns and pieces because it kind of says "I own the center, come and try and get it from me!" The classical style of playing actually seems more an extrovert's style. :lol

I like the Nimzo Indian as black, I am playing it against the former high school chess champion of the state of Kansas, Blythe Buscher, right now via e-mail.

I still think 1. e4 generates more winning chances, creates more of a dynamic imbalance on the board.

·
banana enthusiast
7,079 Posts
I need to find a free chess program that I can download on my computer. I don't have anyone to play against, and I get nervous playing against humans anyway. I've tried using the Yahoo chess rooms, but the last time I played there, someone called me a dumbass and then they called me gay. So I can't play against humans - it's just too much stress, socially speaking.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
I need to find a free chess program that I can download on my computer. I don't have anyone to play against, and I get nervous playing against humans anyway. I've tried using the Yahoo chess rooms, but the last time I played there, someone called me a dumbass and then they called me gay. So I can't play against humans - it's just too much stress, socially speaking.
chess.com is much friendlier

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That happens, sadly enough. When I was playing blitz on Red Hot Pawn every blue moon an opponent might send me an obscenity or taunt my playing skills or send "asl" (age/sex/location) or even "hello darling" to try an engage me in sex talk. But it's very very rare, mostly my opponents were silent during the game. On some of these sites you can disable the messaging so your opponent can't talk to you.

I like blitz games where you have minutes or seconds to play your whole game. Short and sweet. Less chance for the opponent to cheat than in rated slow games where you can take days to make a single move. But even playing UNRATED blitz on Red Hot Pawn people sometimes accused me of cheating using software to generate my moves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts