Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I freaking love this show! Its so hilarious and makes me really happy. Its actually been a anti-depresent for me. Ill watch a couple episodes and im happy all day haha!

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
i like it a lot too. it sounds silly to say, but i think i would be accurate in saying that finn (the human) has inspired me -in his attitude and handling of new experiences and faithfulness to justice - to the extent that some of the real-world figures that i look up to the most have. like them, he is someone who i would want to be more like.

and the show tends to be sweet and honest. and funny. and i love all of that. yeah on any standard dimension of evaluation i think it probably holds up pretty well. it is definitely taking the talents of some special people to produce. normally i might look upon this fact with uncertainty - are cartoons really a respectable medium for such talented people (especially when they are indentured to CN or however it works out)? - (i really think that :/) but it is hard not to see how much of a universally nice impact it is having among its increasing viewership.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
amazing show! i still cant figure out if it was made for kids or adults?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
amazing show! i still cant figure out if it was made for kids or adults?
Haha I hear you man! Some of the stuff is so messed up and there is no way kids would get it. But im not complaining :boogie

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love adventure time too, but the regular show is better:)
Hmm ive been hearing a lot about this "regular show." is that the one with the bird and raccoon? Cause ive seen commercials but never watched it. I literally didnt pay any attention to adventure time until I saw a commercial of finn squeezing starchy and making him fart. My curiosity was intrigued so I looked it up and have been hooked ever since!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Haha I hear you man! Some of the stuff is so messed up and there is no way kids would get it. But im not complaining :boogie
You have to watch it while really stoned, it takes on a whole new level of weirdness. who ever comes up with all the stuff is obviously into drugs and is one creative mo fo.

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
I've been getting into it quite a bit lately. It's pretty funn. 1 thing that does annoy me about it though is when Finn screams a lot and you can hear his voice do that cracking noise. But I guess he's meant to be a teen and the voice actor is one too and might not be able to help it so it's not too big of a deal.

Not too big on Regular Show though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have to watch it while really stoned, it takes on a whole new level of weirdness. who ever comes up with all the stuff is obviously into drugs and is one creative mo fo.
The makers name is Pendleton Ward. Hes got a mad beard and a channel on You Tube called Cartoon Hangover. Sooooo I think ur right about the drugs eh.

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
apparently this is the new cool show to like but I haven't watched it yet. I hope no one brings it up if they try to talk to me. Do people still watch spongebob?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
apparently this is the new cool show to like but I haven't watched it yet. I hope no one brings it up if they try to talk to me. Do people still watch spongebob?
I was never really into spongebob so im not sure about its popularity. It annoyed the hell out of me. But im sure lots of people still watch it. It was super popular for awhile there.

·
Neon Demon
5 Posts
I love Adventure Time so much! My girlfriend introduced it to me, and I've been kinda addicted since. And you're right - if you're feeling down, watch some Adventure Time. Finn Jake, Marceline, Bubblegum, hell, even Ice King and Lemongrab can cheer you up! There's just something about hilarious, rainbow cartoons with rainicorns, people made out of candy and awesome randomness that's soooo bloody happy and amazing...!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love Adventure Time so much! My girlfriend introduced it to me, and I've been kinda addicted since. And you're right - if you're feeling down, watch some Adventure Time. Finn Jake, Marceline, Bubblegum, hell, even Ice King and Lemongrab can cheer you up! There's just something about hilarious, rainbow cartoons with rainicorns, people made out of candy and awesome randomness that's soooo bloody happy and amazing...!
It's mathematical man. My life is like a fart right now and this show really cheers me up. I've even told random strangers about it and they came back and said they really liked it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts