Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
WAKE UP DEAD!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been overweight, and I just can't seem to stop the urge to just pick at food. It's occurred to me recently that i don't ever eat because I'm hungry, I eat because I'm anxious. Like, I'm looking for something to do and for some reason food is the thing that I run to. Does anyone have any tips to combating this kind of anxiety? Some way to replace food with something else?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I still fall victim to going to the kitchen fairly often. I haven't found anything to replace food with but I have done two things.

1. Stopped buying snack foods. Everything I eat now has to be prepared. Some of it might be a few minutes in the microwave to prepare, but I'm still too lazy to make a meal most the time. I still wander to the kitchen when bored/anxious once in awhile now but i'l usually just walk back to my room after being too lazy to make something.

2. Combating the anxiety itself. I still run away from many of my problems, but the instead of thinking of them constantly while avoiding them I try my best to just get the thoughts out of my mind. I try to pull myself out of moments of depression as well. It takes awhile until I realize I'm in a bad thought process and just need to get out of it, but I'l seriously close my eyes, grip my hands tight and try to get a surge of adrenaline/anger to make myself feel a little better. I can't always get the courage to do this either, but between 1 & 2 I have lost a bit of weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts