Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ladybug Whisperer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two months I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my digestive tract. I know that extreme emotional distress can flare up a gluten allergy whereas before you had no symptoms. I have undergone a lot of negative life changes in the two months on top of other health issues. My anxiety became SOOO out of control to the point where just leaving my room gave me anxiety.

Has anyone ever undergone so much anxiety/stress/depression that it triggered a gluten allergy?

·
Banned
674 Posts
Can the reverse happen? Because I'm sure that gluten can aggravate my brain fog, making pushing through my anxieties more difficult.

·
Ladybug Whisperer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the reverse happen? Because I'm sure that gluten can aggravate my brain fog, making pushing through my anxieties more difficult.
Yes, actually gluten can cause anxiety, depression, brain fog and fatigue so with someone who already has anxiety, it can just make it worse

·
Banned
674 Posts
Yes, actually gluten can cause anxiety, depression, brain fog and fatigue so with someone who already has anxiety, it can just make it worse
Then I should just stop eating bread. :'( Which will be hard to give up.

·
Ladybug Whisperer
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No need to give up bread. If you're actually gluten sensitive, you can get gluten free food or bread that doesn't have wheat/barley/rye

·
W/ a Gun Against My Head
558 Posts
I get a bad reaction if I eat too much gluten, grease or concentrated amounts of sugar. I don't know if it's related to anxiety or not.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
No need to give up bread. If you're actually gluten sensitive, you can get gluten free food or bread that doesn't have wheat/barley/rye
Just make the allergy test and you ll know. If you were not intolerant before it s unlikely you ll be so now.

Gluten free bread... is not really bread. It doesn't compare unhapilly. Still eatable I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts