Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Laughing Stock
1,532 Posts
I've had anxiety induced stomachaches for about 4 years, it's pretty much my only anxiety symptom. No idea why / how it started, it never really got better despite therapy and medication.

Recently something clicked in my head, I don't know, it's hard to explain, I don't really suffer from it anymore though. It still does sometimes happen but maybe I'm just less anxious for whatever reason. If you want to get help from a therapist about it, you have to be extremely clear about it. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help with it a lot.

meh, it's a horrible problem and I hope you find a solution soon.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Could be just the way your body deals with your anxiety, it is weird but sometimes people's bodies just do some really weird things. Or you might have an ulcear, it would act up during times of stress due to your stomache producing more acid, do you have any trouble with spicy food or with greasy food?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Nefury - Thanks :)

@ afraid2goinpublic - I'll look into the ulcer possibility online, but no I don't have any problems with spicy or greasy food. My stomach sometimes gets randomly upset from snacks that my body should be use to, but only anxiety is the most consistent trigger

Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
360 Posts
I find xanax helpful for that. Otherwise, you could try a cup of tea (ginger is suppose to be good for this) along with deep breaths/ other relaxation techniques.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
That use to happen to me when I was younger and forced to go to school.. I dont get it now but I use to be able to calm myself down. Just try hard to relax and put yourself in a calm frame of mind. Close your eyes for a few minutes and take really deep breaths. Think about peaceful things and stuff like that. Probably not too helpful, but it use to lessen the pain for me and help me get through the day. I hope you find an answer that will work for you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts