Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few weeks, ive been having chest pain that seemed to be getting worse. this past week, i went to the ER both Wednesday and Friday, received all types of tests, yet, the results showing nothing wrong with my heart. so both times i was sent home untreated. the weekend progressed n i started getting chest pain more and decided to schedule an app. at a cardio doc. long story short, doc finds nothing and assumed its by anxiety/ stress which i believe since ive always had anxiety all my life yet i never wanted to be diagnosed (hate adding chemicals to my brain), but my anxiety has gotten to the point where its affecting my life. (btw i dont think the doctor knew my anxiety was that bad) anyways she prescribes me 0.5mg klonopin which i was hesitant to take. i take one and notice that my pain is slightly gone but not fully. i decide to take another and boom! all the anxiety ive ever had my whole life is gone, i can now take full deep breaths, plus the chest pain that i head for nearly 3 weeks is completely gone! my frequent racy thoughts are now mellow and i have no fear of anything. miracle? now the thing is, she only prescribed the 15 count bottle to help me sleep at night due to anxiousness from fearing heart attack while sleeping, n told me to take one whenever you get anxious/chest pain. the pill bottle says no refill so im assuming when its gone, i will no longer be able to get it. i now want to get diagnosed for anxiety since i definitely have it. so my question is, how does one go about this? do i go back to the cardio doc and tell her? do you think once i run out, she will be willing to refill? i just wanna stop being anxious all the time, & get rid of my chest pain. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
:wels

·
6,040 Posts
Yes, your chest pain could be induced by anxiety. When there is an obvious pain but the medical doctor is certain there is nothing wrong, it is a good chance it is a mental problem.

''how does one go about this''
Unfortunately I can't provide any useful information on this matter as I do not know how things are being managed there. Maybe someone from your country can give you a proper answer on that. In here you can easily just go to a psychiatrist or therapist and ask for an appointment. He will take you in a matter of days, 1-2 weeks the most. There will be a diagnosis and a medication recommended. The psychiatrist will give you one for sure, the therapist will only tell you about meds if you are asking. I think in here, they will refer you to a pychiatrist for that part. From what I have talked to other people in here, it is a lot more difficult to get to a psychiatrist or therapist than here and you have to wait for months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts