Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My psychiatrist said that high levels of anxiety can mimick symptoms of ADHD and give a false positive for the condition.

Has anyone here been misdiagnosed with ADHD when in reality it was SA or GAD or vice versa?

What medications worked? Which ones didn't?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
It's called Agiteted anxiety, and gets you restless, well you feel the difference... Agiteted anxiety is like you have to go out and walk at 02:00...
ADHD is well really different from person to person...

Here is a list you can scroll down to the Symtom and the list under is what is proven to work for that condition.

http://stahlonline.cambridge.org/prescribers_index_by_use.jsf

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I really do feel like it's more of that restless anxiety that's hindering me. ADHD is usually recognized at a much younger age. I didn't have trouble in school until college, when my anxiety got really bad.

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Yeah, I really do feel like it's more of that restless anxiety that's hindering me. ADHD is usually recognized at a much younger age. I didn't have trouble in school until college, when my anxiety got really bad.
It's hard, try not to get labeld!... Depression and concentration diffuculty goes hand in hand... So try dont get stuck on like either...
And with anxiety they give you a medicin that also works on depression...

The standard SSRI... But leave the door open for ADD. Some ADD/ADHD med is helpful counteracting the side effects from anxiety meds specieally if one is still in school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts