Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of the things that I hate the most about social anxiety is how physical it is. I mean it is a mental condition but the physical affects are so awful. The attacks, the nausea and vomiting, the headaches, the shaking hands, etc I hate it all. I had a pretty back anxiety issue last night that I still haven't completely gotten over yet and been pretty sick all last night and into today because of it.

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Wow.
hang in there and please come back to SAS after something like that and let us know. That is really bad.

I have rarely had anxiety attacks like that but what few I have had to that extent were horrible. I hope that is something that can be at least managed.
:squeeze:rub

·
{Astoundingly Anxious}
1,243 Posts
That sucks.

For me, most of the problem is in my head.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You're not alone. :( Nausea is the worst for me, but the migraines suck because they last longer. And my muscles get painfully tense.

·
Irreversibly Invisible
4,095 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that happens to you. My symptoms aren't as bad, but I still hate them. When I'm anxious, I get nauseous. I also get tingly hands, an increased heartbeat, and a feeling like I can't breathe. I also have trouble sleeping when I'm anticipating something that's going to make me anxious. It's terrible.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
Beta blockers can help a lot with that. I can barely walk and can't think or speak when I have anxiety sickness. It's hell and no one seems to want to acknowledge that it's legitimate pain.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I had this same issue when I suffered SA, panic attacks would equal automatic vomiting with little warning and as a result it made it extremely difficult to hide. As a result of how public my SA was due to this I believe my anxiety became more of a fear of public vomiting than the SA itself. Benzos and gradual exposure techniques are what I used to overcome it.

·
Locked and Loaded
2,354 Posts
Yes especially when put in a high stress or new situation! I can't control it no matter what I do. I get light headed, my hands will go numb and my face tingles all over, eventually I get very nauseous and it says with me for a couple hours. People often comment on my ghostly paleness. If its something like starting a new job I'll be this way for up to a week or two before I can become relaxed, I have to force myself through it and it sucks.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I get cold and gag or throw up and feel like I have a thousand pound weight on me and like I'm dying or something. Sucks a**.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts