Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this "normal" or not for anxiety. I get anxiety while I'm in my Italian class when I don't get something or I feel "unconfortable" at a certain instance. When the class is done, I go back to my room and cry for maybe 5 to 10 minutes. I'm not sure if this "normal". I sort of consider myself as highly sensitive to stuff and I do consider myself as having SAD so it might be within that whole spectrum I presume.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't think that you should be reflecting upon the "normality" of your troubles.

Instead, try to be more aware in class and find out what it is that truly make you upset. What is the trigger to your 10-minute crying after class ?

And then when you put the finger on it, then think hard about it, but think LOGICALLY. Ask yourself : why does this little thing make me so upset ? Why such an insignificant event cause such a big response in my head ? Is that event even true ? Or did I make it up in my mind ?

Then when you'll have come up with answers to these questions, you'll see how disproportionate your reaction were to these stimuli.

It's ALWAYS normal to be anxious in some situations. But you have to evaluate properly whether the intensity of your reaction is appropriate to the intensity of the situation or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts