Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
A few tips: There are relaxation exercises you can practice at home and then use them at work when you are feeling anxious. Learn to identify your triggers. Learn to connect your thoughts to your anxiety and then work to change your thoughts. There are many books available that describe various techniques. "Painfully Shy" is a good book. There are many others. A therapist may be helpful if you don't already have one.

It can be difficult. I still have bad days but have learned to cope and can still do well even on my bad days. A large part of my job is verbal communication and by the end of the day I am exhausted. But for the most part I enjoy my job. When it gets to be too much I go for a walk on my lunch or go sit by the lake by myself, or shut my office door, or I find other outlets. I will still occasionally bail out and call in sick--but I have that flexibility.

Good luck and hang in there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.