Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Here to Help
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having suffered anxiety for the greater part of my life.
I know how debilitating this illness can be, how life takes a back door
approach, when we should have been living the good life, like so many who are not effected with anxiety.
I'm happy to say I am now 99% cured.
Unbeknown to me I suffered from allergies.
Because of my good immune system, my allergies never presented me with any symptoms?
Guess what, they did. In the form of anxiety and panic attacks.
2 years ago for the fist time in my life, I started getting hives really bad. a RASS blood test finally pointed out what I was allergic to.
Since I've stayed clear of certain food groups, my hives are well under control, and my anxiety and panic attacks have reduced by at least 99%.
If it wasn't for my immune system letting me down, I would not have gotten Hives, and I would still be suffering with anxiety.
Such a terrible way to live life, all because of an allergy problem!
I know there's many reasons that cause anxiety.
I can only hope a large percentage of sufferers can be cured
as easily as I have been.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Interesting, thx for posting your experience here on the board, i'm sure a few ppl would be helped by it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Having suffered anxiety for the greater part of my life.
I know how debilitating this illness can be, how life takes a back door
approach, when we should have been living the good life, like so many who are not effected with anxiety.
I'm happy to say I am now 99% cured.
Unbeknown to me I suffered from allergies.
Because of my good immune system, my allergies never presented me with any symptoms?
Guess what, they did. In the form of anxiety and panic attacks.
2 years ago for the fist time in my life, I started getting hives really bad. a RASS blood test finally pointed out what I was allergic to.
Since I've stayed clear of certain food groups, my hives are well under control, and my anxiety and panic attacks have reduced by at least 99%.
If it wasn't for my immune system letting me down, I would not have gotten Hives, and I would still be suffering with anxiety.
Such a terrible way to live life, all because of an allergy problem!
I know there's many reasons that cause anxiety.
I can only hope a large percentage of sufferers can be cured
as easily as I have been.
This correlates to what I ve been posting in the glucose metabolism thread.
My theory is that your allergies trigger TNF-alpha. TNF-alpha reduces glucose metabolism in your brain. Reduced glucose metabolism leads to the symptoms you are experiencing.

Look here for more info:
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=42450&st=120

What are you allergic to? Sulfites?

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Here to Help
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Food's and Dust!

Hi again.
The RASS blood test showed I was allergic to wheat products, Soy, Nuts,
and a host of others which I can't remember, the only times I do remember is when my Hives flair up? I loved fried food, that's a no-no now and I am not over weight 6ft tall and 12 stone.
My biggest allergy now is Dust, which is a real pain as I'm a mechanic who works mostly outdoors.
My Doctor, when he was viewing my test results couldn't believe I was allergic to so many different sources.
The bottom line is, because I was allergic to so much, I was never feeling 100%
Hence, a good reason for anxiety to be present.
Anxiety was always highlighted if was feeling terrible, which up until 2 years ago
I had no idea why. Now I do know why, FOOD.
My anxiety and panic attacks have gone.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

When I started taking Pentoxifylline, which is a TNF-inhibitor, my social anxiety and my life-long fatigue symptoms resolved, but a few days later the fatigue returned. It looks like my immune system is involved.

I don't know much about this subject.
try blood/urine alkalinization with backing soda.
it solved my fatigue problem after 10 years and trying many methods!
blood/urine alkalization increases the capacity of kidneys to excrete toxins and increases your energy because acidosis highly decreases the ability of body to use sugar for energy generation.
regular use of milk thistle as an antioxidant and liver protection aid is also recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.