Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because we are dealing with negative situations, it doesn't mean we have to be negative ourselves or unpleasant to be around.

I see a lot of people in these sections just making other people feel terrible, and I wonder why that is? Is it part of being human, to be unpleasant towards others, when we ourselves are hurting?

I think everyone should be kinder.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Everyone should be kinder, but many of us here are in a very dark place where we are tormented night and day by horrible anxiety and depression and can't think rationally so sometimes we lash out in blind anger at others, something we'd be too scared to do face-to-face. I myself cut people here tons of slack. No need to take attacks personally since the other person does not really know you and never will.

I agree that we don't have to jump into the pig trough of negativity when things go wrong and wallow in it. But it takes discipline. Admittedly I love it when people here create threads about how they are a living disaster area as it makes me feel better about myself. I've got to get away from obsessively comparing and contrasting myself with others.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to over analyze everything I post, and other people's reaction to it. So I guess I see what you're saying.

I can either leave the forum, and put on a mask of positivity. Or I can just ignore the negativity and try to be positive. I've often felt that the negativity here makes me feel more negative towards myself, and that I'm not getting better by wallowing in it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I totally agree that people should show kindness to one another here because regardless of our individual situations we're all suffering in some way and need help. Some more support from one another should be more than welcome.

I think the problem though is that many of us feel we haven't been shown much kindness before from the outside world, whether that's true or just percieved, and so it's hard to show kindness to others even on here. Many of us also have low self-esteem so if we can't love ourselves it might be asking a bit much to love others. We're also largely introverts so considering the feelings of another often comes secondary to our own feelings.

This isn't all of us though. There are plenty of very nice people on here, especially considering what they're going through right now.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Because somewhere people got the idea they can control others, even though they themselves are totally out of control.... The blind leading the blind... It's funny as hell to watch.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to control anybody, Alienated. I'm personally very out of control.

I come across very badly on here. I get emotional rather than logical, and get hurt easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts