Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
i also heard that the anxiety response makes u loose muscle mass, i wasn't happy about that... hmmm but at least i'm not fat

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't want to lose weight, i'm perfectly slim and healthy.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Besides that. Anxiety makes me frequently stay out at school all day without eating lunch, smoke like a chimney, not sleep enough, and so on. On the lower end, my weight levels off around 150lbs (at 6ft), and I can't seem to keep it much above that for more than a few weeks at a time.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I've started to get the same issues as person86. Anxiety makes me not eat enough or really anything at all, couple that with smoking, insomnia and a coffee addiction and I'm losing a lot of weight inadvertently.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
I tend to overeat when Im anxious

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Well, I did lose like 5kg when I was really depressed and anxious a few months ago. I gained back 1kg when I felt better but lose an additional 3kg when I was terribly anxious and paranoid a few weeks back.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It causes both undereating and overeating. Probably a terrible strain on your body. I was almost 120 at my lowest almost 200 at my highest. I hate comfort eating.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well, from what I was to believe, stress kept you portly around the middle, but I get extremely nauseaus so I wouldnt eat when very anxious either, so :wtf

·
Neue Nihilist
2,391 Posts
During one of my worst periods of anxiety, I lost quite a lot of weight, mainly from not eating. I've since turned that around: I use food to quell my anxiety, and have gotten awfully corpulent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts