Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the both of these things, and used to have mild ocd so I have a quite eccentric personality. I don't take meds, they have never helped me in the past. Spirituality, my family and close friends help me. I also have a good diet and exercise.

It can be difficult and overwhelming sometimes, especially when people don't understand that you have chemical imbalance and take things personally when they shouldn't. I have one good friend that is tolerant of my behavior, because she understands and accepts the dynamics of what I go through mentally/emotionally and is always encouraging, positive, and supportive. Some people will shrug it off and act like it's not there and then when crap hits the fan, they want to act like you're crazy or get offended. Those people I cut off. I just take things one day at a time and thank goodness that I have my family and close friends who are there for me.

Does anyone else here suffer from other chemical imbalance/mental disorders? How do you cope with yours? Is anyone here med free?

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
I am autistic which means no medication is going to address what's going on in my head, and it can never be completely solved. It can only be accepted. I can relate to your frustration at others not understanding, they don't live in our world, they do not speak our language or feel what we feel. They cannot understand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am recovered from SA, but still suffer from cylothymia/bipolar II disorder/Seasonal Affective Disorder. Personally I believe those three are basically the same illness.

I also am very codependent and as a result, keep attaching to the wrong kind of women. Currently, I have been in a nightmarish 3 year relationship to a young lady with borderline personality disorder.

My therapist believes that Social Anxiety and Bipolar II disorder go hand in hand. I had a website at one point bookmarked but it is a broken link now that did a study suggesting that 25% of those with Bipolar II also suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am recovered from SA, but still suffer from cylothymia/bipolar II disorder/Seasonal Affective Disorder. Personally I believe those three are basically the same illness.

I also am very codependent and as a result, keep attaching to the wrong kind of women. Currently, I have been in a nightmarish 3 year relationship to a young lady with borderline personality disorder.

My therapist believes that Social Anxiety and Bipolar II disorder go hand in hand. I had a website at one point bookmarked but it is a broken link now that did a study suggesting that 25% of those with Bipolar II also suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder.
Oh my goodness! The relationship with the young lady suffering from personality disorder is making this worse I suspect. How does your therapist suggest you go about leaving the relationship? Any helpful advice? That is terrifying!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have cyclothymia, depression and anxiety - at the age of thirteen! Life can be hard but not all the time. I've started making a blog if you want to see it:
http://cycloneofemotions.blogspot.com/
It sounds depressing in a few of the blogs, but it sounds worse than it is. Anyway, I feel for those people who have it worse. I hope I can use my blog from now on to help others like me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts