Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because im about 6 foot 1 or 6 foot 2 and very skinny i thought for some dumb reason that i could eat heaps of junk since it wasnt making me fat and i would still be healthy, i thought id be more attractive if i fattened up aswell. i then watched super size me and really how stupid that idea was. im really worried about my health now. i used to eat left overs for breakfast , even soda for breakfast (i stopped that after a while and started eating cereal and juice thank god). i had a packet of chips for recess. i would eat no lunch at school most days cause i hated sandwiches and buy a pie or chicken burger when i had money. id come home and eat 4 slices of pizza (my dad's a pizza boy). and of course id have cakes and chips and ice cream for snacks now and then (sometimes healthy snacks). i never had water unless i was playing a sport, id only have cordial, juice or soda. the dinner at nights is healthy most of the time i spose. i would have fast food for lunch if i was down the street. i have been playing cricket for 7 years and i started going to the gym this year so at least i got some exercise. i realised this diet sucks a month or 2 ago so i started just eating healthy. cereal in the morning, water, milk and juice, sandwiches. fruit, yogurt, cereal bars etc for snacks, no junk food. i still go to the gym twice a week and play cricket. i just want to know is all those years of bad eating going to affect me later on? i want to live until im at least 60. u prolly think its weird that someone with SAD wants to live that long but even when im feeling really depressed and anxious i still see a reason to keep living. at least i dont smoke, do drugs or drink alcohol. im only 18 by the way

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ate terribly pretty much all the way up til highschool. At such a young age it doesnt take perfect nutrition to keep you healthy. Perhaps you could have avoided more colds, and maybe you might be in better shape had you eaten good foods, but if you start changing your diet now then you shouldnt fret about when your 60.

I think you will enjoy the way you feel about yourself if you keep up a healthy diet. Maybe it will even help with the SA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.