Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How essential is it that my computer has Norton/McCaffrey (I don't do any file sharing), or can I just get by on free anti-virus software?? And which free software do you recommend?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Neither Norton nor McAfee are very good in my opinion. I use Avast as my main antivirus, Avira Antivir as backup, A-Squared for spyware, and a decent firewall for added protection. Also, if you haven't already, change to Firefox or Opera, IE is not very safe. Stuff will always get in, it's the nature of the Internet, but this should help take care of most of it. Good luck. :)

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I have Antivir on my desktop and Avast for my laptop, and I use Clamwin on both for occasional scans.

I used AVG for awhile, but the updater drove me nuts.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
My sister downloaded the latest version of AVG and she said it would only fix 10 problems, any more required purchase of the full program. Is there any way to get around this?

I use Avast, btw.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Definitely get yourself some virus protection. All the virus' I've encountered have come from browsing the web and ending up at some shady website, not from file sharing.

I use Avast Home Edition. It's free. You just have to get a new registration code every year. It takes 2 minutes to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts