Well, he may be a good principal but if he upset you (which he obviously did) then I would say something.
True, but labeling a student as asocial, especially in front of other students, still demonstrates a lack of professionalism. I would absolutely confront a colleague about that (outside class, away from students) if it was done in my presence.If it makes you feel any better, I'm nearly certain he meant asocial and is not actually accusing you of being a serial killer or anything.
People need to learn the difference between the two words.
rude!characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder may include:
* persistent lying or stealing
* superficial charm
* apparent lack of remorse or empathy; inability to care about hurting others
* inability to keep jobs or stay in school
* impulsivity and/or recklessness
* lack of realistic, long-term goals - an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals
* inability to make or keep friends, or maintain relationships such as marriage
* poor behavioral controls - expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
* narcissism, elevated self-appraisal or a sense of extreme entitlement
* a persistent agitated or depressed feeling (dysphoria)
* a history of childhood conduct disorders
* recurring difficulties with the law
* tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others
* substance abuse
* aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
* inability to tolerate boredom
* disregard for the safety of self or others
* persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social rules, norms, and obligations
* people with a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder often experience difficulties with authority figures.
i thought about this before.but i'm scared what he'll think of me if i told him i have SA.Saying something like in front of a group of ppl is HUMILIATING. I would have been like F-ck you to him if he said that to me (if anything, it would have been under my breath at least). In my opinion, it's similar to calling someone ugly, even though they are ugly, except in your case, you're not even antisocial, you have SA. He's labelled you and made you even more isolated from the rest of the class by saying you don't enjoy social interaction. Damn, that's horrible. I would at least talk to him about embarrassing you in front of your classmates and if you have the courage, you could even go so far as explain your difficulties with SA (depending on how understanding and considerate he is of others). I would be enraged!
Push yourself. Go out with them. Make one friend that you feel comfortable with in your class and then go out with them. If you can't socialize with all them (I can't either), just talk to your one friend. At least, you're in a group and you'll eventually become less anxious/uncomfortable in that setting. You gotta make yourself uncomfortable to overcome your anxiety. I'm trying so hard right now and pushing myself, though school is out for me. Though when I play soccer with strangers I try to talk as much as possible to strangers that I play with and it is always getting easier (though it's still pretty hard and brings quite a bit of anxiety).i think some'll really think that i'm asocial.today after class we go eat out after that they went back to college and i'm the only one who went straight home because i feel uncomfortable with so many peoples together.
I'd probably feel embarrassed too, but he may not have meant it to have that effect. Aren't people with anti-social personality disorders sociopathic anyway? I don't think you can tell that someone is sociopathic by just looking at them.yesterday we had personal development class with our principal.he's a very good principal and he loves to jokes around.he's guessing what our personality is and when it comes to my turn he said that i'm an anti-social person in front of the whole class.i felt very embarassing because of it.what would you feel if someone said you are an anti-social in front of the others?