Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Nyx said:
Some anorexics insist that it is a lifestyle and that they have the right to live it.
Now, THAT is scary! :eek

It stems from a warped image of oneself - who'd want to live toward a messed-up thought? :stu

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
JohnnyEnnui,

I would say that in your case, being a failure as an anorexic is a good thing. You are here to tell your story! The first person I tend to think about is Karen Carpenter - she wasn't so lucky and had a voice unlike many singers since.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
JohnnyEnnui,

I don't think he was trying to minimize anorexia. He just may not have understood how the desire to eat overtakes the knowledge that one needs to eat to survive. It sounds like a similarity with guys trying to bulk up and use steroids. The narcissistic drive for the "perfect" body goes at all costs - exercising all the time, eating differently to lose fat and gain muscle, and even the steroids.

As hard as it is, one has to learn to love himself for who he is. a little overweight or underweight. It is not wrong to better oneself as long as it doesn't make you worse off in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.