Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first trip to the Depression and Bipolar meeting. There were 22 members attending yesterday evening. I had some anticipitory anxiety and felt like I didn't know where to start when it was my turn to speak.

Some of the members mentioned they were diagnosed with social anxiety, depression, ocd, ptsd, and/or bipolar. It feels great to have support!

When it was my turn to speak, I was amazed how I spoke with such fierceness and enthusiasm for overcoming SA, the CBT methods used, and having a challenging time with bipolar. I made eye contact w/ everyone and even mentioned similiarities of others (gesturing to them) having anxiety w/ the said secondary disorders.

I'm proud that I made a leap towards group/public speaking. Not an easy skill but with practice I can keep improving. Along the way, I met new people and made an effort to talk to 10 of them. Seven of us decided to eat out and talk some more.

I'm looking forward to the next meeting!! Including Toastmasters!!

:clap:boogie

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow, am I right this is a support group where you share experiences to the group?
Good luck with toastmasters, looks like you are doing great. :yes

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Jeez - I'm impressed! you've done really well!

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lovely

Thank you for the lovely comments~! Keep up the good work ya'll!!

shychick, it's a support group where everyone shares their experiences/stories. The group I'm going wants to create a going out group so ppl could get together for some activities. It feels comfortable to be with like-minded ppl & similar issues. Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=support_findsupport
could try finding a group on this link. Cost is free.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow great job! I am gonna email the DBSA in Denver and see where the exact location is. I too am also gonna try toast masters. Public speaking is brutal for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts