Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New here. I'm a 19-year-old geeky college student. I'm not unique from anyone else here, I suffer from severe social anxiety and shyness, many people dislike me because of my timid nature, simply because they don't understand. Anyway, tonight it feels like my head's about to burst, like I might break down at any moment, all of my bottled up emotions and anxiety since the last meltdown will come pouring forth. I guess I just feel jaded and frustrated from it all.

Anyway I stumbled across this site a few minutes ago, read some of the threads in the forums, and found myself tearing up. I've gone so long without really talking to anyone, let alone anyone who understands what I'm going through. My friends have left me, I scare any new people I meet away, my family doesn't take me seriously. I'm a laughing stock. I'm hated by so many people and I don't know why. I feel like I'm constantly being judged and criticized and my self-esteem over the years has plummeted as a result. The loneliness is suffocating. Then I saw many stories just like mine on this forum and I'm comforted at the fact that I'm not the only one who has to go through this hell.

That was my long-winded way of saying hello. Pleased to meet everyone. :)

·
roivas yromem eerf lla
2,487 Posts
hello hello hello. Were all weird in the world wich makes us even more unique. I'm sure your unique in glorious ways you dont realize.

I hope you can maintain your state of mind, all emotions need to come out sooner or later in many types of forms. Best to you on that.
Welcome to the site and dont let nobody put you down for being a good *** person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site! I just seen your post and wanted to reply. There are a lot of people on here that know exactly how you're feeling, so u should take some comfort in knowing that you're not alone and that u have people that u can talk to about your anxiety:) I was never shy, but just tend to avoid people and making conversations. I think most people might think that I'm stuck up but it's just the SA. I used to be very outgoing and chatty and still am with some people but when I'm meeting someone new etc I just feel like a nervous wreck! A lot of times I don't even hear what people are saying because I'm being self conscious and worrying about what I should say next. Anyway, it would be great to keep in touch and chat sometime. My email address is [email protected] Hope to hear from you soon

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Kat welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, OcarinaOfTimid! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts