Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waitress!!! :eek:

I applied at this resteraunt almost a month ago, because I was desperate and heard they were hiring servers. But they never called, which was fine by me. I figured I couldn't handle it anyways. It's a small resteraunt so the busy days shouldn't be that busy.. but still. Seems scary having to talk to those people, asking them during meals if I can get them anything.. taking orders and answering questions about the menu! Not to mention talking to my coworkers.

Well, today I got the call. The interview is for tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking this was probably the last position I should have applied for, because the things I listed above sound unthinkable to me. I have no choice now. I'll have to go through with it. But if I get the job?? then what?

this will be my second job interview, and if I get it, first job.
(I actually got the first job but flunked the piss test. That won't be a problem anymore though.)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Did you get it? If so, how is it going? If not, hopefully you got something better going on.

Peace.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I had to go to a job interview this is what I did to cool my nerves:

I listened to Enya. Try listening to something really atmospheric and soothing. It does help your nerves.

Try approachign the interview like this: 'what can they provide for me - do I suit this job - is this right for me?' Apparently if you get out of the mind-set of wanting to please the interviewer this helps.

Remember that the time before the actual interview is the hardest. For me usually, once I'm finally in the feared situation I feel a lot better.
I assume the interview/wedding reception/meetup will be 100% a calamity! A catastrophic disaster! But this is unrealistic and there are other possibilities.

Sit down and list the things you like about yourself - your strengths. Really ruminate on these and let them fill your mind. Believe in them, because if you don't have conviction this will not be effective. The point is to empower yourself!

It's 100% normal to feel anxious/nervous/sick before an interview. All normal people feel this way including you - so embrace this!

Best wishes!

·
Registered
235 Posts
First of all congratulations on this amazing progress in overcoming social anxiety & negativity!!! (taking steps to get a job)

First of all, realize you don't have to do anything in life. Even if someone tells you to do something, you can just sit there doing nothing or walk away. You only choose to do things because you see whatever the consequences of not doing these things as less pleasant than doing the thing.

You have every right to cancel your job application. You have every right to say, "I've decided I am not applying for this job anymore" and you have every right to be unapologetic and assertive about it.

Do and follow what you want to do in life. You are a worthy human being.

If you are choosing to get a job, get the job that you like the sound of the most. Because You are a worthy human being.

~Peace, Healing, and Wellbeing

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Mee too.
Just got the call an hour ago, interview for waitress job in a hotel and a very expensive hotel which I'd heard is very hard to get an interview in... God only knows y they rang me, maybe because I live 5min walk away..or cause I wrote a great cover letter, but yeah I over sold myself on the cover letter so I'm very nervous, I'm not good at answering simple questions at interviews and I don't think ill b any good at the job which makes me sad, I want to be a good worker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts