Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all & thanks for this place.

I'm having a pretty tough time lately. Sorry to burst in & spill problems right away, but I wasn't sure where else to put this...

I'm a 30-yr-old female, married (no children). A while back (couple years ago) we moved overseas, and what was a mild social anxiety disorder has become pretty darn close to agoraphobia.

I couldn't sleep (again) tonight because I keep replaying Friday night over and over again in my head. Why? Because I had ONE drink & called a couple friends. I was a bit buzzed, but now I've convinced myself that I was entirely inappropriate - especially since one of them was one of my male friends from college, even though we only talked about his girlfriend & movies we've seen recently. By the way - the drink was on a special occasion - I don't tend to self-medicate that way or anything. Thing is - I could've had 3 cups of coffee, done the same thing & beat myself up over it. I suspect that a drink is my self-attacking brain's excuse for convincing me that I was inappropriate. Maybe I was though... I can't stop the overwhelming guilt over everything lately (and by lately, I mean well over a year).

I talked it over with my husband and he had no problem whatsoever with my calling 2 girlfriends & the male friend, so why can't I let this go?? This is an ongoing type of issue. Guilt over minor things. Convincing myself embaressing things MUST have happened & I must not be able to remember them, etc.

Apologies for the poor grammar tonight as well - I'm tired, just can't sleep. :|

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey peppersnap, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Hi peppersnap!

I sometimes have the same problem where I have guilt over minor things that no one else would feel guilty about. Most of the time I don't even know if I should feel guilty about it, but I do anyway. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with OCD, where one obsesses over things.

Anyway, I hope you continue to post!

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, Peppersnap! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.