Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another tool is simply to ignore your thoughts. The anxiety you feel, the emotion comes from the body. Not the mind. This anxiety emotion feeds the anxiety ridden thoughts you think. When you ignore your thoughts you don't see yourself in them. When you don't see yourself in your thoughts, but rather awareness, peace, and joy, your body doesn't have time to give an emotion to your thoughts. All negative emotions are caused by resistence. This happens to most humans walking the earth. I don't. You then break the pattern of the ego which is resistence. Rather than resising you are the opposite. Nonresistant or acceptance. Just realize you cannot change the fact that you have anxiety or thinking thoughts you don't want to think. So why fight them? It just leads to more pain. If you accept them because you realize it is crazy to fight thoughts, which then become the past. Why worry about something that cannot be changed. If you make it a daily practice to accept whenever you feel anxiety or any other negative emotion. I promise you you'll feel great. I bet you the very first time you accept the anxiety it will then pass.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I agree. Love and accept your fears and anxieties instead of making them worse by getting enraged by them and beating yourself up. Everybody on the planet has fears and anxieties. And also accept all the manifestations of your SA (blushing, stuttering, shaking, etc.) without screaming mentally at yourself that you are a failure for having them. I think the fear of showing obvious symptoms of SA in public is the greatest fear.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I agree with accepting it. Accepting and ignoring are 2 different things, accept I agree with, ignore I don't. Simply because even based on what you said ignoring it isn't possible. It's there and you know it, there is no ignoring it. So I agree that instead of beating yourself up over it, you can accept that you feel anxious.

I don't think you should settle for just that though. If you're accepting it in an effort to overcome it (overcoming your anxious feelings by accepting it and calming down) then sure. If you're suggesting we accept our anxious nature almost to the extent where we embrace it as a part of us, I don't think that will help at all. Then you're only training yourself to expect anxiety and nervousness, and that's not good at all. If we were talking about normal anxiety and nervousness that would be fine, but with SA you can't just accept it, or you're basically torturing yourself (who wants to live with SA?). So I think accepting it with the intention of eventually overcoming it is good, because you're still making progress while accepting the fact that you feel anxious.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Love and accept your fears and anxieties instead of making them worse by getting enraged by them and beating yourself up. Everybody on the planet has fears and anxieties. And also accept all the manifestations of your SA (blushing, stuttering, shaking, etc.) without screaming mentally at yourself that you are a failure for having them. I think the fear of showing obvious symptoms of SA in public is the greatest fear.
Manifestations can be stopped with the words in this thread. These words are living life without thought manifestation. Key to wellbeing. I don't think everyone resists. I don't. I used to severely. Not anymore. Peace.

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
Another tool is simply to ignore your thoughts. The anxiety you feel, the emotion comes from the body. Not the mind. This anxiety emotion feeds the anxiety ridden thoughts you think. When you ignore your thoughts you don't see yourself in them. When you don't see yourself in your thoughts, but rather awareness, peace, and joy, your body doesn't have time to give an emotion to your thoughts. All negative emotions are caused by resistence. This happens to most humans walking the earth. I don't. You then break the pattern of the ego which is resistence. Rather than resising you are the opposite. Nonresistant or acceptance. Just realize you cannot change the fact that you have anxiety or thinking thoughts you don't want to think. So why fight them? It just leads to more pain. If you accept them because you realize it is crazy to fight thoughts, which then become the past. Why worry about something that cannot be changed. If you make it a daily practice to accept whenever you feel anxiety or any other negative emotion. I promise you you'll feel great. I bet you the very first time you accept the anxiety it will then pass.
listen to this man. he speaks the truth. he is enlightened. another quote of the month. this should be a sticky.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
listen to this man. he speaks the truth. he is enlightened. another quote of the month. this should be a sticky.
Awe...now one realizes the truth. I am one of those few human beings that have achieved enlightenment to a point of mastery. I choose not to call myself a master, but others might with the awareness of what one is. Eckhart Tolle is one of them, yet I see teachings that are unnecessary. All what it is is different levels of evolution in our state of consciousness.

It all breaks down to one word and it's opposite to find enlightenment: resistant/nonresistant. Nonresistant is acceptance.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
question

Good idea, but...what happens when you have alot more issues than just anxiety???

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea, but...what happens when you have alot more issues than just anxiety???
I had a lot more issue than anxiety. I had permenant brain damage. What was seen as mental was indeed brain damage. I had to force myself and retrain myself to breath otherwise I would sufficate. I had to retrain myself to walk normally. The brain damage used to present a thought followed by every thought was an obsessive pattern of extreme heart pain. I also have a heart condition that the pain it presents with cosistency, others may think it's s heart attack. Trust me. I had a WHOLE tom of issues other than anxiety. Yet the original post and teachings stay the same with all mental issues and physical.

Answer: issues may be differ, yet truth stays the same.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ya i agree..whenever u r anxious,u have two choices.. either screw urself up by being anxious or sort it out and move on..i always choose the later one :yes everyone is strong enough to cope with these phases, all u need to do is to recognize ur inner strength!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really it's only a matter of time not one, but all that see this post, and those who not anxiety will disappear. Anxiety is not and cannot be lifelong. It may take years before it occurs naturally. No distress and pain can stick forever. I'd advise these practices to be used to grow at a much faster rate than the natural way.

Expanding awareness is key for recognition of problem, then for that problem to go away. Yet you must he Aware of not the surface, but the underlying source in which causes your anxiety. Observation from a state of neutrality is great. Key for some. Eckhart Tolle teaches to observe your thoughts to dissocociate yourself in them. Though I say from experience that could be your worst enemy. I don't advise observation of thoughts, especially for anxiety ridden people. Just acceptance. That will bring one in a state of full awareness. Energy level rises. You feel good.

Goal is to be in a state of full awareness at all times. This takes practice. Years, lifetimes to achieve, yet I found it early on in life, so I was Lucky.
But full awareness means always at peace with yourself and others despite what occurs.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Another tool is simply to ignore your thoughts. The anxiety you feel, the emotion comes from the body. Not the mind. This anxiety emotion feeds the anxiety ridden thoughts you think. When you ignore your thoughts you don't see yourself in them. When you don't see yourself in your thoughts, but rather awareness, peace, and joy, your body doesn't have time to give an emotion to your thoughts. All negative emotions are caused by resistence. This happens to most humans walking the earth. I don't. You then break the pattern of the ego which is resistence. Rather than resising you are the opposite.

Nonresistant or acceptance. Just realize you cannot change the fact that you have anxiety or thinking thoughts you don't want to think. So why fight them? It just leads to more pain. If you accept them because you realize it is crazy to fight thoughts, which then become the past. Why worry about something that cannot be changed. If you make it a daily practice to accept whenever you feel anxiety or any other negative emotion. I promise you you'll feel great. I bet you the very first time you accept the anxiety it will then pass.
What you said interests me. I think we do have some control over how we respond to stress to an extent which interests me for obvious reasons. Do thoughts not pass too rapidly to catch though? That's the way I view thoughts passing, the mind constantly pelted by machine gun fire, constantly passing that information to the body before we have a chance to grasp it consciously.

Firstly, I see two separate ideas here which oppose eachother but ultimately amount to the ame thing, the presumption we have a consciousness distinct from our body which filters information. If that were true, why would any of us choose anxious thoughts continuously?

One: Ignore your thoughts.

Two: Accept them.

To your first point: I honestly don't see myself in my own thoughts. I will have no thoughts at all and still my body shuts down into a state before losing consciousness. It all happens instantaneously. I'd try to catch my thoughts, I'm simply not conscious of most of them. If I don't see myself in my thoughts the anxiety lessens you say? That's a bit obscure to me. I would appear as I appear to other people, you mean? How does my perceived self-image condemn me? How do you distinguish between a feeling that arose at a specific time and the thought that ran parallel to that feeling? Once you've done that; tell me how one discerns the parallel thought more significant than the feeling or even distinguishable? Is a feeling not also a work of the mind? Doesn't the body continuously instruct the mind? I don't agree self-consciousness precedes the anxiety. I think the man running away from the panther will always fear it so long as the body knows it's life is at stake.

To the second...When a man is chased by a panther, again, I don't think his body would ignore the stimulus willingly however he inclined towards disavowing the thought.. He could accept his thoughts suggests he could choose wether he were afraid of the panther or not to me. If that were the case he may as well choose to control every thought from then on and he'd be entirely self-sufficient. Aren't thoughts of danger necessary to his very survival as he perceives it? It's also quite a step to imagine he could think nothing at all, at will, that he could clear his mind entirely. Surely the mind is part of the body and the body inviolably stimulates the mind? You're saying, they aren't intertwined or to some extent directs anxiety away?

I've found closing my eyes or turning them upwards, actually limiting my senses works. Covering my eyes I don't stutter for some reason either....
Or overburdening my senses works for a time. Obvious limitations to the first, to the second I would start to fall aslep shortly afterwards lol.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your body loves to feel at peace. The body gives an emotion to what the mind is thinking with truth. Always. If you feel fear then trust your body. Because what your mind is thinking your body disagrees with. Your body leads you to truth. Everyone gets anxiety because it is the body saying no to the thoughts. Yet the body is unaware that the very thoughts it resists persists with more of the same disurbing thoughts. It's then a manifestation. You all do not choose anxiety consciously. Subvonsciously you are. Your subconscious is in control of your vonscious mind. And you are spot on.

You are not your thoughts or the emotions it feels. Now what are you left with when you are neither your thoughts or emotions? Awareness itself that always feels at peace. In spirituality they call this your being or soul. It's up to you to see it as that or not. Eventually, maybe not in this lifetime you will see thoughts as just thoughts and emotions as just emotions. You see the mind and body creating manifestations with emotion and thought. Yet when you are neither your negative emotions go away and thoughts are dramatically reduced. Your intelligent skyrockets. Your just awareness that feels good all the time.

Science says everything is energy. Which it is. 99.99 percent of matter is empty space. So we are conscious energy in a body and mind. This is why you can call it being or soul. Because what else could conscious awareness be?

Anyways I would practice seeing your thoughts as not who you are or your emotions. If you feel a negative emotion arise. Accept it as soon as you feel it. Then it goes away. Practice acceptance and you can be at peace at all times. I am. I wasn't in the past. But I am now and it's wonderful. You have much wisdom lingering in this conscious energy that is aware.

I am 22, yet do I speak as such? No. Because I've mastered the mind and body. People call this enlightenment. This is the purpose of spirituality. Yet I personally choose not to be knowning I am. I'm living it.

This peace continues to deepen and deepen over time. You hold much knowledge in your DNA. All you even know now resides in your DNA IN which makes up your mind. You can unveil much much deeper knowledge than you currently are aware of.

All what I am is a man that sees, walking amunst a worldfull of blind men(unconscious/unaware).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm trying to understand your words.

U say anxiety comes from the body, not the mind, same for emotion. Isn't emotion a response of the brain to an outside stimuli or an inside thought ? Isn't anxiety a response of the brain to fear ?

Ok, u say ignoring your thoughts leads to not seeing yourself in them. It's hard for me to do that cause if I don't keep my mind busy with something, i can't ignore them because they start to overwhelm me, specifically toughs about myself, and this involuntary rumination takes hold of me with nightmare like scenarios. Is there other way to ignore your thoughts rather than keeping busy ? When i'm not busy it's very hard to imagine awareness, peace, and joy.

U say to accept anxiety and when I'm gonna do it and realize It has no sense to fight (hide) it, it will then disappear. Can I apply this when anxiety kicks in and I start to sweat abundantly, blush, become clumsy in movements, stutter when I speak etc ? It sounds so simple to not fight these anxiety symptoms and just let them manifest and accept them, and in the end they will go away..but anyway the biggest problems can have the simplest solutions

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I agree completely. although the problem with anxiety is that the thoughts become so pervasive and intense that it literally feels physically impossible to ignore them. this is where something like meditation comes in very handy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the mind fears the emotion the body is sending it. It feels like emotions come from the mind, but they don't. The best way besides ignoring your thoughts. One must have many years of practice to ignore thoughts. Acceptance will lead you to the feelings of peace, joy, and love. If you feel anxiety simply accept it for all that it is. Think about it. You cannot change the fact you feel anxiety. Your really fighting the emotion itself which is resistence. Key is acceptance. That's it. Ignoring thoughts is just a tool of acceptance. It takes repetition, willpower, and dedication for making it a daily practice. It takes people years and decades to reach a level of constant peace and joy. It doesn't just happen overnight. Its like rewiring the entire brain. There will be ups and downs throughout your journey for the search of these feelings. The question is are you willing to go through the pain of ups and downs to reach the light permenantly? You see, how do you know who you are, unless you experience who you are not? Do you know resistence is the underlying issue all mental illness and everyday pain? Do you know psychologists and psychiatrists just threat the surface issues, yet what I just said is the ultimate truth of all there us to know?

If I were you I would buy the book, "The Power of Now". It is written by someone like me that teaches how to get there. It will help you. But what I said about acceptance and resistence is the key to it's book and practices itself? The book gives you 3 tools to use and insight. It is up to you to reach your destination with forever heaven experienced on earth. I cannot tell you what to do to get there. Only you know. All I can do is give you the tools that guides you there. If you want to talk more on the subject give me a pm.I can lead youths way. Like your teacher for guidance. Yet you will have questions months from now as you get deeper in your search. I ask you a question for you to find the answer. It's your search. It's your choice.

With all said. You must make a decision. Pm me if you please.

Peace.

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
Awe...now one realizes the truth. I am one of those few human beings that have achieved enlightenment to a point of mastery. I choose not to call myself a master, but others might with the awareness of what one is. Eckhart Tolle is one of them, yet I see teachings that are unnecessary. All what it is is different levels of evolution in our state of consciousness.

It all breaks down to one word and it's opposite to find enlightenment: resistant/nonresistant. Nonresistant is acceptance.
the book that taught me that was the mindful way through depression by jon kabat zinn. really it should be called the mindful way through negative emotions. perception altering book compared to what i knew at the time. the enlightenment that i spoke of well through my understanding of it is just when man realizes theres more to his experience of life than his thoughts and emotions. seeing them for what they are. an on going of memories and concepts and bundles of bodily sensations. question you have any tips or advice for remaing present in everyday life?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You said it. It is what it is. It is what it is(thoughts, emotions) as it occurs Now. One word to stay present is to live in acceptance of what is at all times. You may be present and feel good and then experience low periods. That is resistence. When you realize it is crazy to resist anything is when you will remain present. If you catch yourself resisting you will not anymore because it is crazy. The present moment where all the feelings lie is in the timeless deminsion. You don't think of past and future. Your psychological time goes away.

Answer: live without resistance at all times.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the book that taught me that was the mindful way through depression by jon kabat zinn. really it should be called the mindful way through negative emotions. perception altering book compared to what i knew at the time. the enlightenment that i spoke of well through my understanding of it is just when man realizes theres more to his experience of life than his thoughts and emotions. seeing them for what they are. an on going of memories and concepts and bundles of bodily sensations. question you have any tips or advice for remaing present in everyday life?
A great way to practice being present in the moment is to simply go with the flow. Cut takes no effort, trying. If you do it us resistance. It's all about being nonresistant, and going with the flow is the way. You just allow your thoughts and feeling be as they are without fighting them. That way they pass, and your present in the moment. Going with the flow is living in acceptance.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Thinking of putting the thoughts back in your head is quite hard to do unless you have amazing willpower to do so. I suggest finding a diversion or hobby to do that you can enjoy and not ever think about anxiety or depression, but you're more focused on the hobby or diversion you're into.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts