Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have either of those? Are they related to SA in anyway? I've had anorexia with bulimic tendencies since I was 14 but I didn't even realize it until like 2 months ago. Like I think I always knew it wasn't normal, but I never actually believed I had an eating disorder when I clearly did. I didn't even think about it when I started, I just.. did it. Does that make any sense or am I just crazy? :roll

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was diagnosed with it when I was 21 and I don't have it anymore. I have had eating disorder since high school but got over it when I got pregnant. I was shocked at the anorexia diagnoses because I wasn't not even underweight and didn't look skin and bones. I already knew I had an eating disorder but I certainly wasn't expecting anorexia diagnoses and I never even met the criteria.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've struggled with Anorexia (and possibly even Bulimia) since high school. Sometimes I feel good about myself, other times I feel like crap and wish I was prettier and skinnier. :/

And, yes, eating disorders are now considered anxiety disorders so they are indeed related to SAD.

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
I was bulimic for two years. Worst two years of my life. In a lot of ways, that eating disorder led me to self image issues BIG TIME. Then I became really paranoid and was always concerned with other people around me. And eventually my SA came to the point it is at right now. ****ed.

I may not throw up anymore, but stopping alone was a huge struggle. I think it's true that most people with SA developed it through something else. For me, unfortunately, it was bulimia. Though there's no telling if I had never started it up whether or not I would be this deep into my social anxiety.

And still, whenever I go out anywhere, I am constantly thinking and worrying that people are thinking i'm fat or some other bull****. It's so ridiculous, but that's what SA is. All in your head.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I have anorexia since like age 11 or earlier. I still struggle with it daily, though Zyprexa has made it much more manageable. I am always told that I am "too skinny". No one ever says anymore out loud to someone in public that "hey you're fat", but people don't hesitate to say "boy you look awfully skinny!, here is an extra three sandwiches and fries! You really need it!". It is so insulting, that I feel like punching them in the face or insulting them so much in return that they break down crying, *******s!

·
is trying.
714 Posts
I had a mild form of anorexia when I was an undergrad when I was in the worst of my depression and self-hatred. I wound up about twenty pounds under my normal weight and was cold all the time. Not eating made me feel both powerful and appropriately punished, but I eventually forced myself out of it because I couldn't stand being so cold. It's been a couple years, and I'm back to my normal weight again. It's still tempting to go back, but I seriously just can't handle being cold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
developed bulimia at 14, eventually anorexia..
currently relapsing into anorexia again...
i think SA is related because you may feel as though you have no control over your life (socially) so you control what goes into your body, also low self esteem from both and an anxious person in general more likely to develop those issues i guess

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tend to go both ways when I feel like my life is out of control...I was borderline anorexic in college and weighed 98lbs after my grandmother died....when I started working as an adult and was suffering anxiety caused by my job and my live in b/f I ate and gained 30lbs....

I'm currently in counseling at 31 to deal with the ramifications of all of these behaviors.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I had a mild form of anorexia when I was an undergrad when I was in the worst of my depression and self-hatred. I wound up about twenty pounds under my normal weight and was cold all the time. Not eating made me feel both powerful and appropriately punished, but I eventually forced myself out of it because I couldn't stand being so cold. It's been a couple years, and I'm back to my normal weight again. It's still tempting to go back, but I seriously just can't handle being cold.
^ Coldness is the one of the many things i'm experiencing, my lips are always purple & nothing is enjoyable when you're this frozen.

Maybe i'm in denial, but I don't think I have anorexia. I'd rather not add to the list. I'll just say i'm highly into weightloss & leave it at that. I get a happy high off of this so it's not a problem, the coldness really ticks me off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.