Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was one of those nights where I know I slept, however, when I woke up, I feel like I had a "painful" sleep. It's really hard to explain. I know I slept thru and didn't wake up. If you asked my wife she would say I slept good (probably snoring and all), but when I woke up, I felt so unrested and disturbed. My dreams, although I don't remember them as begin upsetting, are partly to blame for giving me this unrestful sleep.

When I wake up, my heart is beating faster that it should be and I literally feel annoyed at my sleep that it didn't give me the rest I needed. Like I said, it's hard to describe. I slept but I didn't sleep.

I normally will take Benedryl before I sleep but last night I didn't. I was tired last night so I didn't think I would need anything and besides, I don't want to be dependent on a pill to give me a peaceful night's sleep.

I just hope this didn't set the stage for a bad day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nightmares or uncomfortable sleeping interferes with my sleep as well. I've never really had a good sleeping pattern. I have frequent nightmares which make me feel very distressed when I wake up, and I usually wake up throughout the night. I used to take clonidine, which lowers blood pressure, to help me go to sleep, but it made me feel groggy in the morning and didn't actually help the problem.

I understand not having gained any energy from sleep, there is often a period of an hour or two where I am almost entirely asleep but tossing and turning and not really knowing what's going on. I don't really know what to do about it, I've just come up with some rules and procedures that help a bit, just doing anything to make myself completely comfortable, but more recently I've just been staying up to 2-3 in the morning so that I'm exhausted and don't have so many dreams, just a deep, heavy sleep. Which means I only get around 5 hours of sleep every night, because I still toss and turn for an hour before. I've been doing this for a few months now, it probably doesn't help much but my dreams are unbearable sometimes and the deep sleep feels goood, even if it's rudely interrupted in the morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts