Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here thin and gets like annoying people always commenting. For example I am thin (I lost like 20 kilos like 5 years ago) so I wasnt always thin but......

I always have people comment on it, like ive being called a "waif", a "stick", also when I am like eating with a group of people someone will say, so who wants to eat the last piece, then I am waiting because i know someone will say me.Or I am always offered a second serving always, do people want to fatten me up.

I am not that thin by the way.

Is this jealousy because It really annoys me, because I had to work really hard to get the weight off like 5 years ago. And maintianing it also over the years.

I find it really unfair because I exercise and look after my body and get negative comments. I can hear people on this board saying "Oh PLEASE, i wish I had your problems". Anyone here can relate to my experience?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I always get the "oh your sooo skinny I'll give you double the toppings, you need it". People seem to have no problem with calling others underweight. as opposed to overweight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
comments about weight

hi Noca, glad to hear that I am not the only one who gets these type of comments.

The reason why people say it more to thinner people than to overweight people is because its socially acceptable to say "oh youre so thin, or skinny or a stick", but not "oh youre so fat" or "youre so ugly" lol and so on....

I had a similar conversation with my doctor about my height. Im like 5 feet 2 which IS short but also NORMAL. I mean there are heaps of short girls and guys . Anyway I was also pissed of because I always get a comment on that as well.

And like IM 25, Im not going to grow anymore. i get told "You look so much younger " which I know is a good thing, but also come all those annoying commnets like " you need to eat more so you can grow" and " Oh youre sooo cute and petite" and this (happened to me like 3 days ago

Was at a self help group and one of the guys had like ordered Pizza for everyone and then the pizza was one of those really big like party sized pizzas that has these plastic white things on the pizza, I think they are to seperate the different flavours or hold the pizza together...

ANYWAYS then the guy that bought the pizza like started to give out the slices to people and then gave me one of those plastic dividers and said " Griselda gets one of these because shes the smallest", as if I was a kid...

And he is overweight but I cant exactly say " well you can have the extra slice because well we all know that u want it " LOL

AND I know I can hear everyone saying like "stop being so sensitive" or its all in good humour, or they find your size cute...BUT ITS SO ANNOYING. Had to use caps because Its sooo annoying, like hello Im 25, I kind of want to be taken seriously, dont want to be considered a kid

Any other like 5 foot 2 skinny (i weigh 45 kilos) girls out there with the same problems lol??? Or any smaller guys that get annoying comments lol

Like I know they dont really care because that Im small because well theres short and skinny people everywhere. Ive being told that I look younger not only because Im short but also because Im skinny, these two combinations.

I'd like to hear all those annoying comments that people get about their height or weight or looks, and what do people do about it. I mean I've come to accept my size but still its a little annoying that people think they can say what ever they want, just because its socially acceptable to be short and skinny.

Also does anyone here get like comments on being tall. Id like to hear these.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: comments about weight

mimimaus said:
And he is overweight but I cant exactly say " well you can have the extra slice because well we all know that u want it " LOL
ROTFL LOL LOL LOL...........

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I get the comment "your so skinny if you turn sideways youll dissappear" =p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Noca said:
People seem to have no problem with calling others underweight. as opposed to overweight.
That's the same thing as being quiet. People say I'm "too quiet" all the time but no one ever tells people they're too loud. I don't understand our society.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
I'm 48, I'm 6-1 and I weigh about 165 pounds, and my aunt saw me about a week ago and tried to feed me. I think she still believes I will "fill out" someday. "Not gonna happen, aunt Sarah".

I get the thin comments fairly often. I think they're meant as compliments, but sometimes there's a little "dig" in there, and that's usually from someone who is a little heavy. (love your comment to the pizza guy, by the way, mimimaus). That's a little annoying.

Do you think you resent the attention? Even if its basically positive or complimentary, you're being singled out.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Atticus said:
I'm 48, I'm 6-1 and I weigh about 165 pounds, and my aunt saw me about a week ago and tried to feed me. I think she still believes I will "fill out" someday. "Not gonna happen, aunt Sarah".
I didn't know you were THAT old;-)))

After I had my daughter I dropped a LOT of weight (No pun) my Mom was always telling me I needed to eat, I was too skinny.......I went to work for her company........The boss kept saying the same thing.......I kinda enjoyed it........But I was extremely big at one time!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah, people (espeically mother's side)used to comment my weight alot, when i got chubby they would tell me that i need to start doing laps, because i was getting 'fat', then when i saw them later i had lost wieght and they kept telling me to eat more, annoying, i'm LOSING wieght here!!
I hate when people pick at my body wieght like that. Recently, though, the comments have stopped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I honestly don't care what stupid people say about my weight. I'll be the one laughing when they're all dying of heart attacks.

If you're thin just wear sweaters, shirts with collars and other such cloathing so you look bigger. This works very well for me and one of the primary reasons I actually decided to go to college up north where the weather is cold. I can always wear sweaters and long sleeved shirts and look pretty decent.

People's opinions are also pretty maleable. If you act like you love the way you look people will begin believing that it is a really nice trait. All the girls I have dated said they really liked tall thin guys and I always told them I loved being tall. After awhile I've even come to believe this myself! Funny how that works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts