Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here a great admirer of Anne Frank? My signature is a quote of hers. :) I also have great respect for Miep Gies. She was a friend of the Franks who helped them hide in the "secret annex" for 2 years. She is such a courageous yet humble women who is still alive, turning 100 this year.
Here's a link to the official Anne Frank channel on youtube, showing the only known video of Anne Frank...
http://www.youtube.com/user/annefrank?blend=5&ob=4#p/u

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
13 views and no responses?! :(

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Beautiful quote! *adds to collection* I wish I could watch the video, but, unfortunately, I'm stuck with dial-up. Thanks for sharing, though! :)

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful quote! *adds to collection* I wish I could watch the video, but, unfortunately, I'm stuck with dial-up. Thanks for sharing, though! :)
Thanks for responding to my thread, I was waiting forever!!! :lol

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
She was really an awesome girl. I would've wanted to be her friend had I known her all back then. :yes

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She was really an awesome girl. I would've wanted to be her friend had I known her all back then. :yes
She was a great writer at such a young age
Yeah she was an excellent writer at such a young age. It's a shame she wasn't allowed to live. Has anyone read her diary? It's absolutely spellbinding and quite haunting. She was a real person who had dreams and aspirations. She wanted to become a writer and a journalist but was unable to fullfill her dreams because she was murdered. Make no distinction although she wasn't killed directly she was murdered, just like the millions who died in the concentration camps. The people who were sent to the camps were meant to die of starvation, disease, and exhaustion. Even though she died her spirit and will to live are indistructable.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found a short documentary called "Remembering Anne Frank" on youtube. It's Miep Gies's experience helping the Franks, Van Pels, and Mr Pfeffer. She is a remarkable women... She the real hero because it was she who saved the diary. Her's a link to the video...

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I've always liked what she wrote at the end of the diary -

something like, despite everything, i still believe in the good in people.

I mean, my god, a 13-14 year old......

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Yeah she was an excellent writer at such a young age. It's a shame she wasn't allowed to live. Has anyone read her diary? It's absolutely spellbinding and quite haunting. She was a real person who had dreams and aspirations. She wanted to become a writer and a journalist but was unable to fullfill her dreams because she was murdered. Make no distinction although she wasn't killed directly she was murdered, just like the millions who died in the concentration camps. The people who were sent to the camps were meant to die of starvation, disease, and exhaustion. Even though she died her spirit and will to live are indistructable.
When I read it I was getting into journalism so it was...weird...to read it and relate and then realize she really isn't alive anymore, especially since it felt like she still was in a way.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've always liked what she wrote at the end of the diary -

something like, despite everything, i still believe in the good in people.

I mean, my god, a 13-14 year old......
Yeah here's the complete quote...
"It's difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart Its utterly impossible for me to build my life on a foundation of chaos, suffering and death. I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness, I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too, I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more."

Anne Frank wrote her diary between the ages of 13-15 while she was hiding. She died at 15 of typhus in the concetration camp Bergen Belsen in March 1945. The camp was liberated by British forces on April 15,1945.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
i mean, just look at that.
I've heard it remarked that of course, she would still believe in the good in people, because she was a child.

Those aren't the words of a child.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a picture of the symbolic tomb of Anne and her sister Margot.

·
saudades
1,072 Posts
Wow, I just watched that video earlier today. It gave me goosebumps. I remember reading her diary during my first year of high school and being in awe with how talented a writer she was.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a link to a video featuring Nelson Mandela speaking about Anne Frank.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.