Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if anyone else here enjoys anime and manga. It's been a hobby of mine for a long time now and it'd be nice if other people on the forums liked it aswell. :b

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've seen of his movies, they're wonderful. I know he is somewhat of a 'legend' in the industry.

I finished Saiyuki Gunlock not long ago and I'm looking for another series to start on. Can't decide on which one though, haha.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been meaning to see that in theatres... I'm not sure if it's playing in my area though. :fall

Trigun's a fun series. I've had the dvd set and manga for awhile but haven't finished the manga yet.. I can't really say what my favorite series would be since I like so many, heheh.

Doesn't seem there are many anime or manga fans on the forums either... :dead

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't gotten around to Azumanga Daioh or Bleach. How are they anyway?

Right now I'm following the Hellsing manga. Heard rumors about a new series to it aswell.. :con

·
Registered
41 Posts
dez said:
I haven't gotten around to Azumanga Daioh or Bleach. How are they anyway?

Right now I'm following the Hellsing manga. Heard rumors about a new series to it aswell.. :con
I usually don't like episodic/series anime/mangas -they always seem unessecarily drawn out as if they just want more of your money by telling a story that could take 2 hrs in 12 hrs. Plus alot of the animation is crap.

I did see all of the hellsing series though, and liked it.

My Favorites:

Cowboy Bebop
Ramna 1/2 (it doesn't get any more bizarre than this)
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away (this is my all time favorite of Miyazaki's -all though all of his are good))
Grave of Fireflies
Akira (Everyone likes Akira -but I used to watch it repeatedly when I was little so it has special significance to me)
Jin-roh -I really like this one
Ghost in a Shell 1 (2 is OK but not as good as 1)
Metropolis (not great, but very good)

I've seen quite a few more than this, but these are the ones that stand out. I really only consider myself a casual anime fan though, and most of the ones I've seen are pretty mainstream.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ghostgurl: I may give it a shot then. I like comedies, lol. Dragon Half was as fun as hell.

JCar: I understand what you mean about episodic series being drawn out at times. But there are some really great ones that are worth viewing. You get drawn to the characters as well as the situations they get themselves into. I think that's one of many things that drew me to Saiyuki. Give or take there's approx. 100 episodes if you include all three series together... and right now I kind of hope it won't end anytime soon. The show's hilarious. :lol

I also like a lot of the anime you listed there, especially Cowboy Bebop.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been meaning to see Gungrave.. I'll need to get around to it. Right now I'm pretty much obsessed with Hellsing (as I have been for a few years now) and Saiyuki.

I recommend Now and Then, Here and There... I watched it awhile ago and was reminded at how good a series it is with such few episodes to boot...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts