Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that pets help you with SA? Mine sure do. Whenever I'm having a meltdown, I hug my brother's dog, and he sometimes sits on my lap. What about you peoples? :eek:

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
I truly believe animals can help you out during the worst times. It may not help with my SA but it does help with depression and knowing someone is there to cheer you up and you are not totally alone.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes. Animals are great therapy for people who are chronically freaked out by other people.

Animals don't judge you and love you unconditionally and you can have a filthy nasty living space and they won't criticize you for it.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Type

Out of curiosity, what type of pets do you two have? I have a 12-yr old pug, and my brother has mutt (cocker-spaniel, doxen, poodle, and terrier) who's 6 yrs old. Do you think that some types of animals are more therupeutic (sp?) than others?

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
I have an 12 almost 13 year old female cat. The dog is my dads and his dog is a jack russell terrier mix. But my cat is my baby lol

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucky!

Aww, you're so lucky that you have a cat! Even though I love dogs more than cats, I still want a cat, and my youngest brother wants one too even though he would be allergic 'cause they shed. My ma doesn't want a cat because she's the same way, but when I point out that we have a pug she says that's different because he's a dog. Whenever I see stray cats in the summer I go near them and my ma doesn't want me to because she doesn't want a cat, lol. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm sure they help at least a little. I recently bought a new guinea pig against my parents' wishes, but they got over it. She may be small but she is the cutest thing ever, and she always makes me smile. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts