Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well I consider myself a bit of a hothead, meaning that i anger too quickly. I have been known to have a sharp tongue. I've mellowed over the years, but still have to watch my step. Its very rare for me to have a tangent - can't say i have in many many years but i tend to stew about things forever!

Yes its a real art to express your anger in a diplomatic style, with an open mind while working to resolve the issue. Very few people are good at that i think. At least you have the insight to try and see thier point of view in the beginning - that doesn't usually come to me until after.

And when i want to deck someone? Thats what pillows are good for :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
well i have one ex hema that i will never forgive. He was a true demon! I swear ten years later, I am still cursing that i hope he burns in hell or at least goes back there.

Some anger is so hard to overcome.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes i think that what happened in childhood, reflects on the rest of your life in one way or another. My sister and husband on the other hand feel that thats a cop out. That its just an excuse for not fixing your life as an adult (this is basically what i get from them - and hense why i no longer want anything to do with them). I think we all try to overcome what has happened in the past and move past it. Its not always easy (I know in my case as i mentioned - i tend to stew about things for a long time) but we do try! There are sooo many injustices i faced when growing up and I think i've overcome about 90% of them - its the 10% i can't seem to shake. The other 10? well I too get angry at myself for doing something stupid/not standing up for myself ect. If it was a fundamental wrong - ie: someone purposely hurting me vs someone doing so inintentionally - the anger stays for a very long time. I need to learn to forgive my stupidities and others or at least dismiss them as such.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
hehe i like that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts