Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here have spouts of anger erupt out of seemingly nowhere? I used to have this problem but the lithium reduced it greatly. I guess I kind of forgot about my anger problems in the past and asked my doctor to help me stop the lithium since I don't show the typical signs of bipolar. I rarely get severely depressed. I am much more exitable, anxious, stressed, and fearful. Well, three or four days after I stopped it, I was back to my old self. I started to drive carelessly, screaming at other passengers who should learn to drive better according to my standards. I screamed at my girlfriend and threw a temper tantrum when trivial things weren't going exactly my way. I used stupid language such as racist terms and how some people should just die. I realized as much as I hate it, I went back on lithium and have been feeling much better.
Its just the anger and frustration was so great that even all I've learned in CBT for the past 4 months couldn't shake me out of this angry mood. I am just frustrated that I will probably have to be on a mood stabilizer the rest of my life. I don't want to be a guy that needs a drug in order to function.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I get like that. What helps me is to throw ice cubes in an empty bath tub. It feels so powerful! Angry outbursts is also a sign of borderline personality disorder. Give the ice cube thing a try! I promise it will make you feel better! Something about having the ice explode all over makes you feel like a King/Queen!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts