Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, out of frustration, I lash out in anger when by myself, at my parents, and even sometimes my best friend in anger. For example, I would kick and punch the air, throw my stuff, or swear. I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel like I can't control it... Please tell me there's other people out there that get like this or something similar.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Of course there are other people out there like that, but I hope you're not trying to justify your actions with that fact.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This happens to me when I get really worked up, I end up hitting the closest thing to me... most of the time this is a door, which doesn't go down to well with my hand.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Yeah, all the time, and I think it's common. Does anyone know of any relaxation techniques? That'd be really helpful.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
The cognitive behavioral therapy I've been doing has been really helpful for dealing with anger, even if it hasn't helped much with anxiety. Particularly, keeping in mind cognitive distortions and how you're applying them, which is almost always the case with anger.

A deep breathing meditation exercise is also really good for toning down the adrenaline so you can think about things more rationally.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Same here. It's really hard to control myself. It's like the smallest thing can set me off sometimes and I instantly feel this adrenaline flood my body. I try to relax because I'm scared I'll either break something or hurt the nearest person.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I think I used to have anger issues or I was just really depressed. But I was very destructive and I'd throw dishes on the floor and throw things and break things :( I never did it towards anyone though. I would swear a lot too. I had a friend and he made me promise not to do anything abusive/destructive like that, so I stopped even though it was really hard to control myself sometimes, and now I'm not in the habit of doing that anymore.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get like that when I get really worked up, coz I usually find it hard to defend myself or speak up for myself at times so I just keep it inside until I can't no more, and everything just comes out as a sudden uncontrolled burst, I will never hurt anyone though I've always just punched doors, walls stuff like that.

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Yes, I have anger problems. When I get angry I feel like I lose all control. The best thing for me is not to get angry in the first place. I know what sets me off, so I know what kinds of things to avoid.

For example, it makes me absolutely crazy when I'm standing in line to leave the train platform and somebody shoves me so they can go ahead. To avoid being shoved and getting angry, I just wait until most people have exited and the lineup isn't so crazy.

Of course, I can't avoid every little thing that sets me off. When I start to feel like I'm going out of my mind with rage, I try really hard to ask myself, "Does this matter that much? Is it worth a fight?" Usually, the answer is no, and that calms me down a bit.

·
not evn sposed to be here
122 Posts
Sometimes, out of frustration, I lash out in anger when by myself, at my parents, and even sometimes my best friend in anger. For example, I would kick and punch the air, throw my stuff, or swear. I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel like I can't control it... Please tell me there's other people out there that get like this or something similar.
I get something like that too sometimes. I notice that it can be really, really bad when I'm hung over. I can be in pain, having a migraine 1 second, and for a split seconds I'm suddenly dropping an F-bomb on my mom (I wound never willingly do that mind you, and apologize immediately after). I also get a similar feeling sometimes when I run. On these odd days, I may suddenly visualize a "need" to hit someone, and I'll take a swing at the air as I'm running.

I don't perform these acts out of frustration; I simply perform them, as though I didn't have control over it in the first place. It's luckily rare for me (and possibly correlates to my hydration levels).

When you lash out verbally, what stuff are you saying, and how long does that negative feeling last for? If you think its getting progressively worse you should find a neurologist who can give you a diagnosis cause it could be a little serious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts