Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently stopped taking Zoloft. I had mostly taken Lexapro (~5 months), and I then switched to Zoloft. I only took Zoloft for about two weeks before I stopped cold turkey. I don't really know how to explain it, but I noticed that I feel kind of angry. For some reason, I can't remember if I were like this before I started taking an SSRI. I'm not crazy or anything...it's just that I feel very sour if that makes sense.

These are a couple of examples:

1. I got into a big fight with my sister, and I purposely stepped on her expensive Gucci sunglasses. I don't think I've ever done anything like that before. I normally have much better composure.

2. I have been terrible with my driving. I am usually so calm, but everything seems to be annoying me. Yesterday, when I was visiting my Mom at the hospital, there were two cars blocking the entrance. The drivers were talking to each other...I was so mad that I honked the horn so loudly, because I wanted them to move. I feel like I'm a lot more laidback most of the time.

3. I was getting on an elevator, and the door was about to close. As that happened, a woman yelled for me to hold the door. She never even said thank you, and it made me so mad. I wanted to be like "you're welcome you *itch."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that so many little things are bothering me. The only thing I can attribute it to is stopping the SSRI, not that I'm trying to blame the medication. I just don't know why I feel like this.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Why do you stop cold turkey?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.