Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from seeing it.- I was disappointed in it.- It went verrrrrry slow and just did'nt have the emotional/dramatic impact the others had. What did you think?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was probably gonna see it this weekend. I heard it was okay but lots of stuff was completely left out.

·
Hiding behind the sofa
255 Posts
*Spoiler Alert*

I absolutely hated it, hours of meandering plot with some really bad moments (the 'Half Blood Prince' reveal for one), disappointing death scenes (compare Gandalf's in Fellowship of the Ring to Dumbledoor's in this), even worse than the last film, quite an achievement.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I've never seen any of them and hope I never do.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I was impressed with a few parts, the cave scene with the inferi, what was shown of Riddle's childhood, the character of Slughorn, the whole Lavender/Ron thing. But it seemed needlessly long and they didn't explain how Dumbledore just suddenly became mentor to Harry after five years of ignoring him. And I liked, y'know, the big ending scene the way it was described in the book much better.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh,I so agree about Gandalf's death!- Those moments should have been tear jerkers- instead it felt devoid of any meaning at all.- I just kept hoping the movie would be over soon-hows it possible to dislike a Harry Potter film??? Dumbledors death just felt meaningless.

·
Registered
794 Posts
As one of the biggest HP fans there is, I can tell you it was AMAZING.

Yes, bits were left out, but that's what happens when you make a book into a film. And slow? If anything I thought it was far too fast.

Bella <3 Draco/Bella <3

There were great comical moments alongside the build up of tension and darkness rising for the next two.

So, yes, absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter (obviously, just look at my s/n, lol). I was very disappointed with the new movie :| Then again, the sixth book is my least favorite of the series, but I just thought the movie left out way too much important plot in order to focus on teenage hormones :roll It was just disjointed.

However, the special effects were amazing and a lot of the actors have improved, so that was nice. And there were funny bits that were well-done, too.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I am absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter (obviously, just look at my s/n, lol). I was very disappointed with the new movie :| Then again, the sixth book is my least favorite of the series, but I just thought the movie left out way too much important plot in order to focus on teenage hormones :roll It was just disjointed.

Yea, it was my least favorite book too. I actually enjoyed watching this movie more than some of the other ones though.

I could have gone without all the teenage romance...felt like I was watching Twilight :p

I think it's going to be difficult to make the next one since they left so much important stuff out of this one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I saw it and liked it a lot. I am just getting into the Harry Potter series and realizing how cool it is. I especially like Hermione. I think she's a good role model.

btw maybe the title of this thread should mention there are mega spoilers in this thread ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think that whoever played young Tom Riddle when he was speaking with Slughorn did a fantastic job. I was somewhat disapointed with Slughorns' character. I thought that Tom Felton did really well in this film and that his scenes were a lot better than what was written in the book. I also felt that a lot of the Ron/Hermione and Ginny/Harry scenes were over done. I cannot stand Daniel Radcliffe, I think he is a terrible, terrible actor. I did shed a few tears at the end, but I thought the books' ending was better.

·
Registered
462 Posts
*****Spoilers******

I liked the acting done by the actor who plays Draco Malfoy. I have not read the 5th 6th and 7th books. have read the others but was a long time ago. But I got pretty choked up when Malfoy had his wand to dumbledore and he was crying.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I could have gone without all the teenage romance...felt like I was watching Twilight :p

That was exactly my thought! I actually wondered if they were trying to draw in Twilight fans after all the Twilight vs. Harry Potter talk...

and yeah, I've heard nothing but good reviews about Draco Malfoy/Tom Felton, and I agree. I never liked Malfoy much, but I actually felt sorry for him in the movie. Tom Felton did a brilliant job.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Fairyxo speaks the truth.

This movie was wonderful. WONDERFUL.

I thought it was a brilliantly entertaining mix of humour, suspense, and drama. The romance/little side plots were priceless, there was so much more comedy in this one. Little things like them fighting over the better classroom book made them look like real people. I absolutely adored the awkward teenagery scenes.

As for everyone who says they didn't stick to the book and cut out things: duh. It's a huge book. It's an insanely intricate plot. If they stuck to the book we would be there three or four hours, and you would be complaining it was even SLOWER. Cut the film makers some slack on this one, in order to move the movie along at an entertaining pace they needed to make some sacrifices.

I really like David Yates. I hope he directs the next two. I thought Dumbledore's death was dramatized well. Wailing and tears would have been way too over the top. I think they way it was more quiet and how everyone was just in shock was more moving.

While I'm still not a huge fan of Emma Watson, I think Racliffe and Grint and Felton are really coming into their own.

LOVED IT. SO MUCH.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
Yup...very long although, very nice CGI. I'm not a big fan of the Harry Potter films (the books are much better) and I watch it out of habit rather than anything.
I find the voices a little weird...mostly the accents (even though I have a British accent myself)...or is it just because when sound comes out of speakers, it sounds like that?

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
*****Spoilers******

I liked the acting done by the actor who plays Draco Malfoy. I have not read the 5th 6th and 7th books. have read the others but was a long time ago. But I got pretty choked up when Malfoy had his wand to dumbledore and he was crying.
He's my favorite character/actor and his part is honestly what I'm looking forward to seeing the most.
I hear it's bad and it's good, but I'll find out for myself when I go. I just hope the ending lives up to the book version because that was a good scene.
I can't wait to see this movie. :yes

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i fell asleep for the a few mins at the beginning. the movie was alright but i wouldnt watch it again. i did like who the half blood prince turned out to be though. i even let out a gasp

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
The movies do a good job of physically representing the characters, but they just don't capture the spirit of the books. I liked some aspects of the HBP movie, but I was mostly unimpressed. Ginny is one of my favorite characters and in the movies she comes across as very lackluster. I wasn't pleased with the added scene where they burn the Burrow and when they had Harry hitting on some waitress in the beginning. I was also disappointed that they didn't include the funeral at the end.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts