Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been into sending birthday cards to actors. A group of people on a fansite are sending cards. Since I like this actor so much, I really want to just to send my support.
I've never even thought of it before in the past. It seems kind of odd to me to do this. You send this card saying happy birthday to someone that you see acting on television. Does this person actually read the card, keep the card. What would they do with all these cards? I was against it since I thought that it would be like a thousand cards, but so far they have only received 40. My main obstacle in doing this is that I feel so uncomfortable about the whole thing. Will I pick the right card? Obviously, It would be one of those for anyone cards or a funny card. This actor has a great sense of humour.

I am absolutely overthinking this whole process. Plus, I have to send it to someone in the US and I'm a little worried that it won't get to their place on time so that they can send it to the studio.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I think actors are used to recieving fan mail and birthday cards from people they've never met. Depending on the actor, and how many cards sie gets, sie might well read your card. If sie doesn't, I suspect one of hir "people" will tell hir "another thousand cards today."

I would write a short, honest message along the lines of "wasn't sure whether to send this as you must get loads of cards, but wanted to show my support and tell you that I love your work/*something specific about your favoutite film*" A message like that is likely to be read and appreciated.

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
something that would stand out might get the person's attention... maybe something handmade...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is this actor super-duper famous? If not, there's a good chance he'll actually read your birthday card. He might even send you a thank-you note. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts