Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Oh boy, should have known it was all a sales pitch. I've been suckered on other stuff before. Quick cures, life is wonderful if you push this magic button for $9.99, etc.

No sale. Not buying anything to add insult to injury by being ripped off. Wow, ripping off people whose lives already suck enough. Most people here have a tough time keeping or getting a job so they don't have money to waste on schemes.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Amygdala is not a cool dude, she should be hanged.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh boy, should have known it was all a sales pitch. I've been suckered on other stuff before. Quick cures, life is wonderful if you push this magic button for $9.99, etc.

No sale. Not buying anything to add insult to injury by being ripped off. Wow, ripping off people whose lives already suck enough. Most people here have a tough time keeping or getting a job so they don't have money to waste on schemes.
those were the only videos about amygdala and anxiety i found on youtube

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Amygdala, genetics, biological, environmental, whatever the cause is I realize it's not going away. Not for $9.99. Not for $9,999,999,999.99. I've worked around this thing all my life and will continue to do so the best way I know how.

There are things I'm capable of. I'm not an idiot. People out there think I am because I can't deal with people as well as they can. I'll do my best and if it's not good enough, so be it. I have very little faith in anything working out with people and believe staying away from them as much as possible is the best.

It's amazing how relaxed I am when they're not around. I can be around immediate family in limited amounts, but that's it. Anybody else and I'm nervous as hell. Avoidance is key.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
rates who have had a piece of their amygdala removed exhibit fearless behavior

·
Smexy
3,551 Posts

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amygdala, genetics, biological, environmental, whatever the cause is I realize it's not going away. Not for $9.99. Not for $9,999,999,999.99. I've worked around this thing all my life and will continue to do so the best way I know how.

There are things I'm capable of. I'm not an idiot. People out there think I am because I can't deal with people as well as they can. I'll do my best and if it's not good enough, so be it. I have very little faith in anything working out with people and believe staying away from them as much as possible is the best.

It's amazing how relaxed I am when they're not around. I can be around immediate family in limited amounts, but that's it. Anybody else and I'm nervous as hell. Avoidance is key.
I'm fine on the outside; it's the inner turmoil that still exists.

When people think social anxiety, they picture a sweating, socially awkward, staring-at-the-floor mess that can't hold eye contact, initiate a basic conversation, nor make friends if their life depended on it.

I have none of those. I DID have them at one point, several years ago, but not any more.

You can't polish a turd. You can lacquer a turd, and make it shiny and stiff, but you cannot polish one.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I'm fine on the outside; it's the inner turmoil that still exists.

When people think social anxiety, they picture a sweating, socially awkward, staring-at-the-floor mess that can't hold eye contact, initiate a basic conversation, nor make friends if their life depended on it.

I have none of those. I DID have them at one point, several years ago, but not any more.

You can't polish a turd. You can lacquer a turd, and make it shiny and stiff, but you cannot polish one.
You've done way more polishing than I ever will. I'm socially awkward, stare at the floor, shaking mess who can't hold eye contact, initiate a basic conversation, nor make friends if my life depended on it. The only conversations I can even have with people are weird. Anything serious is too nerve racking and I don't even try it. Any work I do, I try to hand it in when whoever needs it isn't in the office.

Can't deal with people. Never could, never will. Have to be left alone to do my own work or I'm useless.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
tell me more
sorry thats rats.

1) in the first part, rats have a fear response to fighting the robot for food. The neuroscientist then make a legion in the rats amygdala. The result. the rat fights and kicks the **** out of the robot for food, with no fear whatsoever

·
Hi! :)
254 Posts
I always talk to my amyglada and tell it to calm down but she is too stubborn. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts