Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's federal, state and local taxes combined.

And Democrats say we don't pay enough. :mum

-------------------------

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/tax-freedom-day-falls-three-days-later-this-year/

'Tax Freedom Day' falls three days later this year

2:10 PM 04/07/2014

Caroline May
Political Reporter

The day when the nation collectively has made enough money to pay its total tax burden for the year is three days later this year, according to a new report.

According to a report released Monday by the Tax Foundation, this year Tax Freedom Day falls 111 days into 2014, on April 21.

By April 21, to group says, Americans will have made enough to pay the $3 trillion in federal taxes and $1.5 trillion in state taxes - more than they will spend on food clothing and housing combined.

Tax Freedom Day is later than it was last year, due in large part to the slow economic recovery, the tax policy research group argues.

"Tax Freedom Day is three days later than last year due mainly to the country's continued slow economic recovery, which is expected to boost tax revenue especially from the corporate, payroll, and individual income tax," authors Kyle Pomerleau and Lyman Stone write.

If federal borrowing is included, the group calculated that Tax Freedom Day would fall 15 days later on May 6.

If further broken down by state, residents of high tax states would see their Tax Freedom Day later than residents of lower tax states.

"This means a combination of higher-income and higher-tax states celebrate Tax Freedom Day later: Connecticut (May 9), New Jersey (May 9), and New York (May 4)," the authors write. "Residents of Louisiana will bear the lowest average tax burden in 2014, with Tax Freedom Day arriving for them on March 30. Also early are Mississippi (April 2) and South Dakota (April 4)."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/tax-freedom-day-falls-three-days-later-this-year/#ixzz2yFjHIdqM

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
No, rich people don't pay enough.

Democrats say why the **** is 50%+ going to the mother ****ing military-industrial complex. Republicans say we should suck corporate cock for a while.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
How much do Scandinavians pay and why are they happier and more educated than us?

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,382 Posts
I guess you meant to post this in S+C but you didn't lol.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Yeah so .

I pay more in tax than food clothing and housing and a whole heap of other suff combined as well so what's the point here .

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
God, Americans are so greedy and whiny. All that matters to us is the stuff we own. No wonder we're such a miserable, godforsaken country.

They'll complain about their taxes while 50 million people go hungry in the richest country in the world. WITH RECORD PROFITS!

Can't afford an education, can't afford health care, but god damn we know how to own our flatscreens and our trucks and our guns. YEEHAW

Meanwhile while defending the people that horde money like it's going out of style, bending over at every opportunity just to keep them from not taking their factories to more exploitable populations while arguing we should go back to the 1800s labor laws...

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
They should tax food more to finance healthcare. Last week's groceries cost me $132.70; a mere $2.25 were from taxes.

I find it hard to believe that the majority of Americans pay more in taxes than all bills combined. Well, maybe the 'poor' people since they get so many financial breaks.

·
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
1,487 Posts
They should tax food more to finance healthcare. Last week's groceries cost me $132.70; a mere $2.25 were from taxes.

I find it hard to believe that the majority of Americans pay more in taxes than all bills combined. Well, maybe the 'poor' people since they get so many financial breaks.
That's more of a sales tax feature, as far as the food tax goes. Ie, I'd pay substantially more than $2.25 on a $132 bill where I live; a few miles north and I'd pay even more (because Maryland is insane). More of a state issue than a federal one.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
That's more of a sales tax feature, as far as the food tax goes. Ie, I'd pay substantially more than $2.25 on a $132 bill where I live; a few miles north and I'd pay even more (because Maryland is insane). More of a state issue than a federal one.
Gotcha. I thought food taxes were federal taxes.

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
Stop paying for trillion dollar wars in countries like Iraq and Afganistan and your tax bill will go down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts