Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Did this woman really just think she could use pepper spray on the other shoppers and then proceed to the checkout line? I'm almost more disturbed by her stupidity than her use of pepper spray.

To answer the OP's question, I really don't know what's wrong with us but something clearly is very wrong. I went to Target around 4pm yesterday. Everything I wanted was gone. Black Friday is a sham for the most part.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Only in America. :b I saw this on the news in the morning and was cracking up, people are seriously crazy nowadays. Also somewhere else a person fired a gun into the air to disperse the crowd so that they could grab the bargains. LOL

·
Banned
974 Posts
Yes, I've been getting a real kick out of hearing about all the chaos on the news.
lol.. just another big scam holiday our lovely government and businesses make a bundle on.
This behavior of greed makes me feel ashamed to call myself American. I hear people are even getting robbed in the parking lots. You couldn't pay me enough to get out on a day like that.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ crsohr :lol

I also read on Destructoid that a old man put a couple of games in his waistband before trying to stop his grandson from being trampled at walmart and a couple of cops face planted him into the concrete thinking he was stealing the games. Poor guy almost choked on his own blood too.

Insanity!

·
Banned
229 Posts
i don't even see good deals.... more like they want to dump off crap on people during some Holiday. i seriously don't know why people get all worked up about these "deals". maybe they are just not knowledgeable enough... lol

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Only in America. :b I saw this on the news in the morning and was cracking up, people are seriously crazy nowadays. Also somewhere else a person fired a gun into the air to disperse the crowd so that they could grab the bargains. LOL
I really don't think that is fair to say that this would only happen in America. Are you American? Have you been somewhere like a Tesco in the middle of Prague, Czech Republic? You will get trampled there just doing your grocery shopping on a Tuesday afternoon if you aren't quick enough for the person behind you. Same goes for the metro/trams in Prague - if you are slower than the person behind you chances are you will get pushed over and trampled on. And that's just to get to work/home/the pubs - nothing to do with sales.

I do find it terrible how Black Friday brings the craziness in people though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to point out that this was ONE incident and not all Americans are like this. I know you'd like to believe all Americans are heartless consumers but that's definitely not true. Also, the term "you people" doesn't seem to be a very good way to say "Americans."
It was a joke, holster your weapon Sir! :b

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I'd like to point out that this was ONE incident and not all Americans are like this. I know you'd like to believe all Americans are heartless consumers but that's definitely not true. Also, the term "you people" doesn't seem to be a very good way to say "Americans."
Most Americans are. They might not fight over the last HDTV, but if there is a shortage of gas, I've seen this type of behavior. Parents often go crazy over their kids for various reasons.

And since most Americans aren't boycotting Wal-Mart with the rest of us, it makes us all look bad.

:no

1,934 Posts
I can honestly say I am American, and I can honestly say I never have nor ever will behave like that. I'm disgusted.

A pregnant woman was knocked to the floor a few years back at a Target. People just stepped over her to get to the sales. This year, an older man died of a heart attack after collapsing in a Target. People just stepped over him after he collapsed.

I'm completely disgusted and I'm wondering what's wrong with THEM--because I am NOT in their category. I hate Black Friday and think it's disgusting--my employer forced me to work that day. It makes me sick.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Most Americans are. They might not fight over the last HDTV, but if there is a shortage of gas, I've seen this type of behavior. Parents often go crazy over their kids for various reasons.

And since most Americans aren't boycotting Wal-Mart with the rest of us, it makes us all look bad.

:no
Most Americans aren't. It's just the media showing this kind of stuff on a regular basis rather than the good stuff. Also, I've been driving for 10 years and have never seen anyone go crazy over gas, even before I ever drove I don't remember that happening.

As far as boycotting Walmart goes there are plenty of Americans who do not shop there for various reasons, one main one is the way they do business. Unfortunately Walmart tends to move into small towns, put the local establishments out of business because of their lower prices, and then the people in the town have no choice but to go to Walmart or drive 50 miles to the closest place that isn't a Walmart.

Basically, let's not generalize all Americans based on the actions of a few crazy people on Black Friday. I don't think that is fair or a very inteligent conclusion to make.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I can honestly say I am American, and I can honestly say I never have nor ever will behave like that. I'm disgusted.

A pregnant woman was knocked to the floor a few years back at a Target. People just stepped over her to get to the sales. This year, an older man died of a heart attack after collapsing in a Target. People just stepped over him after he collapsed.

I'm completely disgusted and I'm wondering what's wrong with THEM--because I am NOT in their category. I hate Black Friday and think it's disgusting--my employer forced me to work that day. It makes me sick.
I think this is what a majority of Americans would say about these kinds of instances. It is sickening to think of those few people who put the wellbeing of others behind their shopping.

Also, as someone mentioned before the chance of someone helping you gets smaller and smaller with a large crowd, regardless of the reason for the crowd. People tend to disassociate themselves from people in need when there is a large group - they don't want to take responsibility in case they do something wrong and the person doesn't survive or whatever.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts