Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using or has used Ambion,feedback would be appreciated.I was perscribed generic ambion 10mg from pd.I have heard some interesting stories about side effects ie. blackouts,sleepwalking etc.Does it help you with sleep?Any hangover effect?

·
Banned
642 Posts
I'm assuming you mean Ambien??? Generic is Zolpidem. I use Ambien every night for the past 4 years. It worked well for me when it came to sleeping. However, I noticed it is losing its' effectiveness. I have never had any hangover or sluggish effect from it. It has a short half life and usually out of your system within 4 hours.

This is definitely a drug you need to take responsibly. If you take 10-20 before bedtime and GO to BED, you will be ok. Take it from me. I've banged up my car twice, ordered **** online at 3am, called 1-900 numbers, charged my credit card, confessed my soul to a friend. All sorts of crazy things. The drug works well for sleep however you really need to be careful.

It has made me feel very EXTROVERTED, for 1-2 hours with NO memory. The crazy part is, you think your ok

·
Banned
642 Posts
Oh and I've noticed a big difference between the GENERIC Ambien and actual Ambien. Some generic brands are better then others, but none have worked as well as the BRAND name

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They gave me the generic Zolpidem 10mg.I usually wake up after 5 hrs of sleep and can't go ack to bed.So I'm hoping it will prolong my sleep.I can't afford the "new and improved" extended release the company came out with after the intial patent expired.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did it help with the duration of your sleep or just falling asleep?

·
Banned
642 Posts
It helped with me just falling asleep (both Ambien and Ambien CR). I never had a problem with the duration of my sleep until lately. Now I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and having a hard time falling back to sleep. I blame the 4 years of taking Ambien for this problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ambien made me see things.The worst part was when I was seeing little people and when I stoped seeing them I would freak out I was like oh god where did they go.Not only did it make me see thing but when I would wake up people would tell me all these weird things that I had done the night before but I couldnt remember any of it.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah,it seems like it makes eveyone lose control of their faculties.I got the script 2 days ago and I'm actually a bit scared to take it and I'm never afraid to take medications.Yet at the same time it might be an intersesting experience.I just don't want to go online in a blackout and spend money I don't have.Or end up telling my innermost feelings to a girl I am causually dating and don't even trust.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Yeah,it seems like it makes eveyone lose control of their faculties.I got the script 2 days ago and I'm actually a bit scared to take it and I'm never afraid to take medications.Yet at the same time it might be an intersesting experience.I just don't want to go online in a blackout and spend money I don't have.Or end up telling my innermost feelings to a girl I am causually dating and don't even trust.
LOL! You probably will do all that. Ambien is an instant confidence pill, makes me feel happy, and extroverted, for like 1-2 hours. Then its lights out, however you will have NO memory (or VERY VERY little) while being awake.

It's a great drug for sleep but please bro just be responcible with it and GO TO BED within 5-10 min of taking it. Even if you don't feel tired or it has worked yet

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've tried Ambien before and it helped me sleep for a few nights in a row, but one night I took it and then realized I had to finish a homework assignment, so I stayed up for another 30 minutes or so and started feeling really trippy. I ended up falling asleep at my desk over my homework after seeing a few Indians (the Pocahantus kind) do a tribal dance on top of my bed with smoke signals, feathers, the whole nine yards. I woke up the next day and turned in my math notebook, where my teacher found elaborate drawings that someone on LSD would have drawn. I'm a horrible, horrible artist, but I'm really thinking about trying to turn these doodle masterpieces into serious artwork... Ambien's one hell of a drug. Is it abused frequently?

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sleep is foir the weak!I wanna try it and get the full experience..It sounds like it coulkd be a Hunter S. Thompson type of situation .You don't know what the f*** is gonna happen.Thats the lure;the enticement of it.Out in the back yard shooting my gun at 3am in the morning Finally realizing the full DEA conspiracy in detail.They're after me dammit!!!:b:shock

Reactions: GotAnxiety

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ambien made me see things.The worst part was when I was seeing little people and when I stoped seeing them I would freak out I was like oh god where did they go.
I know it's not cool that it made you see things, but... that's really freaking funny! The fact that you were upset about not seeing the little people is hilarious :lol.

Ambien sound fascinating. I think I'd be afraid to take it, though.. I'd probably max out my credit card and empty my checking account.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I take the generic Zolpidem 10mg nightly. I have never had problems except it stops working after awhile so I will just stop taking it for a month or so and than it will work again. I love it..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts