Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Ambidextrous or part ambidextrous? When I say "part" I mean stuff like you use one hand for a lot of stuff, but the other for an equal amount of stuff aswell.

Like:

Things I do with the Right hand:

• Write/Draw
  • Hold things
  • Eat
  • Paint a picture (Like an arty picture)
  • Brush teeth
  • Hold rackets (Like tennis, badminton, etc)
  • Spread butter
  • Use of stylus on my Nintendo DS
Things I do with the Left hand:

• Paint (Like house painting)
  • Handshake (Although I use my right since it's respectful to others)
  • Dribble Basketballs (I can NOT use my right to save my life!)
  • In Boxing, my "Hook" hand was my left (but I alternate)
  • Slice things (Knife goes in my left hand)
  • Hold my head up (i.e if I am tired, I always use my left to hold me)
  • Snapping fingers (I CANNOT snap my fingers with my right hand)
  • And the one that made me write this thread: Masturbate! Yes, I am right handed, but I masturbate with my left 0_O.
What about you guys? And is this actually ambidexterity? My mom is ambidextrous, but I think I am just weird with my hands. Please elaborate!

·
Registered
442 Posts
sounds like you have a bit of ambidexterity in you for sure. for me i use my R hand for everything but it would be good to train to use both hands! peace.:teeth

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My Dad and my brother are both ambidextrous. I'm not, but I have learnt to do a lot of things with my left hand since having my daughter.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm Ambidextrous.

I write, and I just realized I brush my teeth and eat (fork) with my left.
I find I can use scissors equally in either hand.

But nearly everything else with my right, it feels natural that way.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Yup, same here, each hand does something. I dunno if I classify as being ambidextrous though... I just had to adapt to an environment made for right-handers.

Right Hand: Scissors, baseball, tennis, volleyball... etc cause I was taught by a right-hander, no one bothered explaining how to do it with my left.
Left Hand: Fundamentals like writing, drawing, eating, and brushing my teeth. Although I can eat and brush my teeth with my right hand.

And sometimes, if I haven't done something for a while, I'll forget which hand was better at it and I'll end up testing out both to find out.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I can play sports with both my left and right hands. I can throw a spiral football with my left hand, but sorta inaccurate. I can throw with my right hand a spiral, and much longer and accurate. I write sideways with my left hand, right hand it's normal.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I used to be left handed in everything, but when I was really young in School I was the only kid who wrote with the left hand, and the teachers forced me to use my right hand, do eventually I became more right handed. I don't think its even legal what happened to me, but that's what happened.

I'll eat, brush my teeth, use tennis racquet, comb my hair with my left hand. Sometimes I'll eat or drink with my right, but usually I'll cut with my right hand. It's crazy at the dinner table as everyone eats with there right, so my left and their right elbow always hit eachother. I can play tennis with 2 racquets at once it's funny :)

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I am also ambidextrous. Sometimes while taking notes in class I write more than one sentence at the same time.

I think my right hand is slightly stronger though, just because of how everything is made in the western world. I use my right hand for things like a computer mouse and opening a can and what-not, just because that's the way they're setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts