Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, ever since 7th grade I have had a big problem. I cannot be myself at school mainly because 1. I'm too nervous and quiet. 2. my heart beat is very fast and I'm really shakey. People say I'm very quiet and this is...COMPLETELY wrong. When I am with my good friends or at Church group, I'm the loudest person. I have so many friends at Church it's unreal but when it goes to school I am different.

Last year I begin taking pills for social anxiety but these did not help me. At school I'm very shaky and not myself...idk how to explain it. At home I am loud, I could sing, jump, dance, play and be myself but at school it seems like I change. Like I am a 2 sided person... This can't be me. High school is supposed to be the best years of your life and while I make friends, I feel like I can't completely make them.

Like at home, if I'm sitting pretending to be in a classroom I am just so different. so relaxed, could laugh do anything. but at school this is completely different. I'm just so tense if someone made a loud noise I would jump. At home I could roll on the floor laughing bout a joke but at school it's just a small chuckle.

I've had this since 7th grade. I felt like no one liked me and I had no friends and I still feel that way today. I have alot of friends but they are outside of school or go somewhere else. I have to get over this problem.. I feel like honestly If I broke out this shell I could be the most popular kid in school. my Best friend tells me I m the coolest guy he knows. I laugh and we are loud and fun all the time but I wish people could get to know that side of me at school...

What am I going to do about this problem?!!??! I've tried everything...nothing seems to work. im tired of having that lame rep as the quiet kid. thats not me!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, U sound like a really cool person. The best advice I cud give u wud be to use imagination and relaxation techniques. The nights before school imagine urself feeling totally confident and relaxed in school just like when ur with ur friends outside school. Try to picture it really clearly in ur mind. If u do this often enough eventually ur brain believes that ur always confident in school and u automatically feel more confident. It does actually work. If u need any more advice on it let me know. I use these techniques all the time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You are like me :) Loud and very open at home but extemely quiet at school. I would totally be your friend you seem fun to hang out with it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts